WNYPCRepair

Safety glasses for the (half) blind

WNYPCRepair

I searched for safety glasses that had readers (cheaters) built in, and found a lot of bifocals, which are a pain to work with. Found these on Amazon, full lens magnifying safety glasses. I bought 1 pair, tried them out, and ordered 4 more just in case they suddenly quit making them. They are great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KSJP2V0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 

• Like 3

953 nut

WW Grainger has some really good safety glasses that have the prescription lenses on the top and bottom. They were designed for electricians because a lot of their work is overhead, give them a look, no pun intended.

http://www.grainger.com/product/3M-Reading-Glasses-WP10584/_/N-k26/Ntt-safety+glasses?nls=3&ssf=3&sst=subset&ts_optout=true&s_pp=false&picUrl=//static.grainger

• Like 4

DougC

So Brian............. Does this mean we can't call you Mr. Magoo any more???    :lol:

I struggled for years with tri-focals working under vehicles on my hoist and sometimes took my glasses off and put them back on upside down in a futile attempt trying to see what I was working on....... ANYTHING that helps is well worth the money.        :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

I agree, Richard. Now I end up taking my glasses off so I can see overhead. Not a wise thing to do though! I need to check it out.

WNYPCRepair

It's a pain. 

For $10, you can't go wrong. No tilting your head, trying to wear safety glasses over your cheaters, they are great. 

It will be the best $10 you ever spent. 

WHX??

May just have to try a pair of those..thanks Brian

WNYPCRepair

May just have to try a pair of those..thanks Brian

They work great for me, but I need my cheaters pretty much all the time. Unless it is 8 feet or more away, I can't see it without glasses

JPWH

I'm in the same boat with the rest of you with a little twist. I have type ll diabetis so I have fluxuating visibility. I found a pair of folding readers I carry at all times and need them every once and a while.
In my shop I use bifocal safety glasses when needed.
I recently started using cheater lens in my welding helmet.  My helmet has the flip up dark lens so I use this for most of my grinding as well.