C-101plowerpower

2016 RedSquare calender?

C-101plowerpower

just a question, will there be a picture thread for the redsquare calender again this year?

• Like 2

squonk

Don't know Koen. Haven't heard from Martin. If I don't have a calendar PDF file I can't print them.

• Like 2

DougC

No naked pictures of members on their tractors please............... Halloween is over........:lol:

SylvanLakeWH

No naked pictures of members on their tractors please............... Halloween is over........:lol:

That's a visual I did not need...I just ate.:wwp:(NOT!)

jimkemp
I want a calendar so I hope one gets made

Ken B

Whatever happened to Martin? I miss seeing his postings... Hope he is ok.  :confusion-shrug:

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 3

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:  Just saw him logged on like 5 mins ago.  :confusion-shrug: 

CasualObserver

Well, why don't we just tag him @Martin  and ask him?  Martin, will you do the calendar(s) again this year?  Guys are getting anxious to get their picture submissions in.

rmaynard

Considering the time it takes to compile, edit, and actually put a calendar together and get it shipped, submissions should have been in months ago. Me thinks it is a bit too late to get started. Most 2016 calendars are already in stores.

• Like 2

tractorhogg

I got my 2016 Classic Garden Tractor calendar from Tractor Fever. I was somewhat disappointed. I know there are better tractors out there to put in the calendar. There was a super nice Wheel Horse Bronco 14, thanks. Steve Guider's has too many beautiful Case tractors to count, but why the Forklift? It really isn't a garden tractor, and while it is very cool, it has been in publication several times in magazines and calendar's. The Navy John Deere 140 was also very nice, but the John Deere 60 isn't really a GT. Maybe they ought to do a separate calendar for Vintage Lawn Tractors there are certainly enough vintage LTs to have a calendar. What really got me was the inclusion of both an 1961 Economy and 1951 Power King in the same issue, both are very similar and with only 12 tractors to an issue this really wasn't a good balance. The 1961 Tiger 450 was also really cool as well and even though I consider it almost shop made, it is nice to have it in a calendar, again maybe we need one calendar dedicated to Tigers, Amigos, Speedex type machines. The Cub Cadet 800 while rare and unusual kind of reinforces what I'm saying about this issue, mostly odd ducks. Of all the great Bolens tractors made they include Bolens 1053 that doesn't even have a steering wheel cap and looks like the photo quality was diminished compared to other tractor photos, that usually is done to make a model look better, human or nonhuman. What I was most disappointed in was the inclusion of a 1994 Gravely 16 G, a 1994, really, again not really a Vintage GT and maybe we need a calendar for new or newer GTs.

• Like 2

squonk

If some one can select the pics and get it-into a calendar pdf file I can get them printed pretty quick. The problem lies in getting it all done graphically. Then the ordering becomes a hassle. Guys will tell me they want one but don't say how many, or don't pay attention on how payment should be made. I end up sending a dozen pm's to one person just to get the payment. If I print them again  this year only calendars paid for will be made. I hate to get the Red A$$ about this but it is a lot of work to weed through the pm's and thread to find out who wants what and where the heck to send them too!

• Like 4

squonk

I repeat. Someone has to volunteer to select the pics and put it together. I do not have the time.

Martin

Just found this thread, (thanks @CasualObserver, Im not on here for more than 5 min a day and sometimes not on here all week). Time has been an issue for me lately, (hence not being on here) I have way too many things going on and the race for good weather is running out. Time has passed me by and unfortunately the calendar and the forum are a distant third or fourth to my priorities right now. Haven't worked on or played with the tractors for at least 6 months other than to move some of them to get to some building materials or whatever other junk in my shop. Completely forgot about the calendar and the timeline needed is getting very short. It could be done very quickly, but i just can't put the time in right now. I could still possibly do one, but it would have to wait a good month, even then i can't promise anything. 

Im sorry if i have disappointed some of you guys with my lack of attention, but family and home priorities have the biggest slice of my pie right now. It would be a shame not to have a calendar this next year, but right now it can't be me.......

• Like 4

AMC RULES
The link I supplied above, in a matter of minutes...
gives you the ability to create your own calender, using any photos you choose. 
No muss, no fuss, no waiting, just instant :wh: gratification.  
:handgestures-thumbupright:
2015-11-14_001_004.thumb.JPG.9c77135762a2015-11-14_001_002.thumb.JPG.2c0a0d9ef1d

• Like 2

tractorhogg

I made mine in about 30 minutes, printed it and hung on the wall, but I do not know how to save it as one pdf file instead of 12. Thanks AMC

• Like 1

squonk

Pretty cool Idea Craig. Pick the pics you want, either your own or a members pic and custom make your own calendar! 

• Like 1

AMC RULES
I can imagine how much time, and coordinated effort it traditionally has taken to produce the :rs:calender every year. 
In my own small way, I'm just tryin' to help my :wh: brothers out.   
:handgestures-thumbupright:
  • Like 2

Maxwell-8

Did we stop with those calendars?

AMC RULES

:clap:  The link still works. 

• Thanks 1