DougC

Ran Into A Tree......

DougC
I WAS SOBER WHEN IT HAPPENED.

1  Found out mother in law had lawn sweeper.

2  Borrowed lawn sweeper

To lazy to take off snow blower................

4  Going as fast as 95 520H would go.

Fascinated  by the leaves shooting into the  catch bin.......

A large silver maple tree by my garage jumped out in front of me!!!!!!!!   I turned the steering wheel in time but the front wheels did not turn the tractor. Once again my enemy inertia  bit me in the a**......

The wing on my single stage snow blower caught the tree and just bent the dickens out of the poor thing and the housing on the gear and chain side and the auger was rubbing and the chain was binding and I was cussing when just then my wife appeared and said to me......" What happened? "  I told her I was trying to  knock the #@*! tree down  with the snow blower and then drove into the garage and grabbed the sledge hammer. While the adrenalin was still pumping through my veins I slammed that sledge into that bent wing until it was back in place. Adjusted the chain and spun the auger by hand and to my surprise it had no resistance. Started tractor and engauged  blower. It was quieter than it was before I hit the tree.............

The moral of this story is if you run into a tree with a snow blower while pulling a lawn sweeper what ever you do don't tell anybody. They wont believe you.............. 

And no I didn't take any pictures.......... 
  • Like 3

AMC RULES
:text-worthless:
  • Like 6

Brian01
:text-yeahthat:

Ken B

No pics? It didn't happen!:ROTF:

• Like 1

Digger 66

X-2 on the three above posts !

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

Oh my!!!:auto-layrubber:

• Like 2

KC9KAS

Good thing you didn't damage your MIL's lawn sweeper!
Glad all is well now!

doc724

Blower on and sweeping?  Anyone ever try blowing the leaves with the snow blower??  I was thinking that the abrasion of the leaves might be a good way to get rid of rust on the auger and blower housing.  Hey, it works on a deck, cut up some oak leaves and the underside of the deck is scoured down to bare metal!  Just a thought.

rmaynard

Did you break any skin? Always looking for candidates for the RedSquare Red Hard Hat Award at next year's big WHCC show. redhardhat.thumb.png.f6263189b58b30aedeb

• Like 3

Shynon

DennisThornton

What he said!

WNYPCRepair

Blower on and sweeping?  Anyone ever try blowing the leaves with the snow blower??  I was thinking that the abrasion of the leaves might be a good way to get rid of rust on the auger and blower housing.  Hey, it works on a deck, cut up some oak leaves and the underside of the deck is scoured down to bare metal!  Just a thought.

Yes, it does a good job blowing them. I was just testing my blower, I'm sure it isn't good for the blower. I noticed leaves were going through while it was raised, so I lowered it to the ground, lifted about a half inch, and took a cruise across the yard. Cleaned a nice strip.

Coadster32

Suppose you caught a 6 foot fish as well...:ychain:

Glad you're ok.

• Like 2

DougC

Nope. Never said I had the blower running while pulling the sweeper, just that I was to lazy to take it off..... Had the blower raised up off the ground while pulling sweeper.  By the way I have since taken blower off tractor till I finish leaf sweeping.  It's the borrowed lawn sweepers turn to get broken today anyway....................

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Suppose you caught a 6 foot fish as well...:ychain:

Glad you're ok.

feesh1.JPG

stevasaurus

Doug...for some strange reason...I believe you.  Now we are 2.  :)

• Like 1

AMC RULES
See there...didn't I tell you the fish stories were coming. :ychain:
Giant_Fish.jpg

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Hey Craig...I know that guy......................I know that fish also.  It took a minute, but that is a Blue Cat I caught a few years ago...it was only 10 lbs then.  I gave it a kiss and released it.  I hope Mark put that guy back in the river.  great picture..  :)

• Like 4

Brian01

True story...back when I was, oh, 12,13,or 14

I wwason a lake in Texas, had a guide that set us (my brother and I) up on some catfish. The one I brought in weighed 50lbs.  It was literally bigger than I was. I thought I had caught the biggest fish ever!

• Like 3

WHX??

Did you break any skin? Always looking for candidates for the RedSquare Red Hard Hat Award at next year's big WHCC show. redhardhat.thumb.png.f6263189b58b30aedeb

Was going to post pics of my calf in bumps & bruises but my wife made me delete them, too gross she said, you should go get stiches, superglue is not gonna work on that...

But dear it was rattling something terrible...

Moral of the story is never ride your 1067 without the belt guard in place....