Kelly

What I did all summer Part 2

Sparky

Its great to hear from ya Kelly!!
  Now about that car....its awesome! Spending time with your kid makes it that much better. 
Love the front plate, were they a sponsor :rolleyes: ?
Mike............

• Like 1

Coadster32

Way cool!! Like the Part 1 as well.

• Like 1

953 nut
:text-coolphotos:            You and your son both have great looking race cars,   Next season is only a few moths off.                :text-goodpost:
  • Like 1

Ken B

What a beautiful car Kelly! How bad is she banged up now? 

• Like 1

Kelly

Not as pretty now as in the pics, being the Champion last year and a pretty new car I had a target on me, I'll see if I have any current pics later. 

Ken B

AAHHHH the target. I see nothing has changed! My late best buddy used to race. He was fearless, but as you know most guys out on that track are. He was also a natural behind the wheel and could put on one hell of a show. and like you he pulled no punches.  The crowd always loves a guy with these qualities. If he has a bad ass car, well that is just icing on the cake! First time out with this car Kurt took the figure 8 win and was runner up in the feature race...I'm not sure if its like this everywhere but where we raced if you could drive and had a nice car and if you won the figure 8 race there was always a team of guys that would try to take you out... You were the target. He would have also taken that feature race if it wasn't for a team of 4 dirty drivers all running pre 78 purple Monte's with 400 plus hp mills under the hood. Kurt had at least that for hp but he had just a little more skill than most. Any time one of them guys got near Kurt they'd try to dump him and one by one Kurt would take them out, ever so gently.. On the white flag lap Kurt was running second and one of them dirty Burnetts in his purple 77 Monte  was right behind him constantly trying to take him out.. Kurt let him by exiting the turn and then you heard it... Kurt got that guy sideways and just kept it wide open, stuffed him in the wall wrecking both cars.  Kurt still managed to finish second... The dirty purple 77 Monte guy didn't finish... The crowd went wild, finally a guy that stood up to the dirty Burnetts and took them all out! The fights in the pits after the races were ALWAYS legendary. I miss those days BIG TIME. I really wish I lived closer to you, I'd love too watch you and your son race!
ScannedImage-2-2.jpg

Edited by Ken B

JC 1965

Car looks great Kelly. Looks like you didn't take any shortcuts building it. I also like the safety features you built into it. The pics are great, thanks for sharing.   :handgestures-thumbup: