chris sutton

Strongest Wheelhorse tranny

chris sutton

I was wandering what you guys think the strongest wheelhorse tranny is ? unidrive or tuff torque, i'm thinking of upping the HP and wandered what tranny to go with

meadowfield

8 pinion from a c series....

DennisThornton

8 pinion with 1 1/8" axles but I'll see if I can get more help....  Hey @stevasaurus !

Edited by DennisThornton
  • Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

8 pinion with 1 1/8" axles but I'll see if I can get more help....  Hey @stevasaurus !

the 416-8 is rigged Like that. Hydro wise the eaton 1100, IMHO.

Glenn

Racinbob

Without question, the 8 pinion with 1 1/8" axles. But you'd be hard pressed considering the physical limitations to shoehorn in more horsepower than the 4 pinion 1" transmissions can handle. :)

chris sutton

Thanks for all the response boys, its a great help. I'll go with the unidrive 8 pinion

Pullstart

Silly question, but if my 8 speed axles are 1-1/8" is it a given that it's an 8 pinion?  Originally from a C-101, now in the 502.

stevasaurus
56 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Silly question, but if my 8 speed axles are 1-1/8" is it a given that it's an 8 pinion?  Originally from a C-101, now in the 502.

Nope, it could also be a 10 pinion limited slip differential.  :)  You can look down one of those two bolt holes on the top of the trans with a flash light down the other one...if it looks like there is 5 bolts holding the differential together, it is a 10 pinion...if it looks like 4 bolts, it is an 8 pinion.  :eusa-think:

• Like 3

baerpath
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2015 at 7:30 AM, Racinbob said:

Without question, the 8 pinion with 1 1/8" axles. But you'd be hard pressed considering the physical limitations to shoehorn in more horsepower than the 4 pinion 1" transmissions can handle. :)

Not that hard, if you work at it a 8hp puller can bust them ............................. oops

Pullstart
4 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Nope, it could also be a 10 pinion limited slip differential.    You can look down one of those two bolt holes on the top of the trans with a flash light down the other one...if it looks like there is 5 bolts holding the differential together, it is a 10 pinion...if it looks like 4 bolts, it is an 8 pinion. 

wow, so the pot could be even gold-er!  I think I'll have to make it a point to tear it down before spring, that break shaft bearing is still loose and still leaks.  been dumping oil in to keep it moving while I'm working on other projects around the house..