sdhdcouple

Identify this hat please

sdhdcouple

I acquired this token of tractor quality this summer.   trying to find out info on it.  I buy and sell all sorts of junk, I mean historical items.  my family has been known to call me the white version of Sanford and Son.  anyhow,  my deal is I like old things.  I buy them learn about them and then find a home for them.  I am interested in the history parts of things. 

well I found this and now I need to know about it.

Anyone have any info?

wh hat.jpg

• Like 3

Racinbob

I would say the Maasdam Repair Shop had them custom made. I like it. :)

sdhdcouple

any idea where they are or anything?

rmaynard

A simple Google search reveals that there is a Maasdam Repair Shop in Sully, IA. You could look them up, call the number listed, and ask if they were once a Wheel Horse dealer. The image on the cap appears to be a 400 series.

AMC RULES
I think you'll find items like that are just the typical tchotchkes supplied by local dealerships to advertise their name in your area. 
Not uncommon at all, you'll still find 'em available in local dealerships to this very day.
:handgestures-thumbupright: 
Agreed, the vintage
:wh: one's are still pretty cool though. 
2015-10-20_001_001.thumb.JPG.58a320917bd2015-10-20_001_002.thumb.JPG.b2a8f46142c2015-10-20_001_003.thumb.JPG.fa53ea921d4
  • Like 3

DougC

Great find.............And an Iowa WH hat as well.:handgestures-thumbupright:

sdhdcouple

I tried a google search I didn't find anything. all I run into is the winch stuff
well I found the info you all seen, called the number and got a less than friendly person on the other end.  SOOOOOOOOO  I guess that end that fun, lol

Edited by sdhdcouple

rmaynard
@AMC RULES Craig, NASH Power Equipment is where my first Wheel Horse (1977 B-100 8-speed) was purchased. I was not the original purchaser, but in 1994, a year after I bought it, I had to go to Nash's and get a new starter. They are no longer in business, but the original B-100 owner still has a hat that Nash gave him. I tried to talk him out of it when he stopped by last summer, but it seems he's quite attached to it.
  • Like 1

sdhdcouple

well this turned out to be a great thing here.

I called the other number which I was given, which now I understand why they were stand offish.  I was able to contact the owner of Massdam Repair.  I talked to him and his wife for over 15 min. 
they opened their shop in 1968 and closed it down in the early 2001 or 2002 years.  he closed when Toro went to the online ordering of parts and tractors. once again taking the human factor out of business cost a company a dealer.   He currently has the 1st and last tractor he ever sold.  a 69-Raider and a 414(think it is a Toro).  anyhow was really neat talking to them and sharing my hat story with them.  I am putting a pin on my map of places I would like to see and people to meet.

• Like 4

rmaynard

What a great story. Thanks for following through on the contact info.