kiotiken

Here we go again.. Leaves

AMC RULES
Looks like it really does the job well.     :text-coolphotos:
  • Like 4

muz123

Very nice! Also your 520 must love to work!

• Like 2

sorekiwi

Wow, quite the beast!!

• Like 3

HorseHead1089

oh my god, where can i get one of these...

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

That beats anything I ever saw for the job. WOW

glenn

• Like 1

JimD

What a machine!! How long does it take to fill it up?

Ken B

I'd love to see a video of that in action.... I can only imagine what it cost when new!   :hide:

• Like 3

kiotiken

oh my god, where can i get one of these...

Horsehead these were used on golf courses and city park and recreation department's. There out there I got this one off ebay for 550.00 plus almost 300 bucks gas.
  I bought another one at auction for 185.00 but needs a lot of work. But for the money it's nice to have a parts machine.

What a machine!! How long does it take to fill it up?

JimD when the leaves are heavy I can fill it up in 5/10 minutes. Yesterday when I was sweeping I started around 2:30 and at 6:30 I had 9 loads pick up.I forgot to get the after shots. I'll get some today.

I'd love to see a video of that in action.... I can only imagine what it cost when new!   :hide:

Ken B next time I get it going I'll take some video's of it in action.

• Like 1

kiotiken

glenn

The machine sure saves the wife and I a lot of time and hard azz work.The trac vac I used to have was a nice machine but just too small for my yard and we still had to pick up sticks before we could trac vac.One season the wife picked up 125 loads with it. I can now pick up about 35/40 loads but that includes sticks,limbs,acorns and squirrels if they get in the way. Bad part is the wife won't run it.LOL

kiotiken

Very nice! Also your 520 must love to work!

The 520 has been an awesome machine. I bought it new in 96 and (I'm knocking on wood right now) but have done nothing to it except for basic maintenance. Still has original plugs in it. Well actually I did have some problems with the nine plug electrical plug on it. But I just jumped the two wires that got hot and melted and haven't had any problems since. I think I'm right around 1200 hours now.

bmsgaffer

Yes, video please! That thing looks like a BEAST! :bow-yellow:

kiotiken

Here's some pictures from this morning.We got some rain last night and it brought some leaves down. I picked up nine loads yesterday.

2015-10-20 09.18.04.jpg

2015-10-20 09.18.11.jpg

2015-10-20 09.22.35.jpg

2015-10-20 09.23.47.jpg

• Like 5

stevasaurus

Do you get to burn that pile???  :)    That sweeper is awesome.

DougC

Looks like you bought the greatest deal ever on e-bay!  Enjoy :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

kiotiken
Do you get to burn that pile???  [emoji4]    That sweeper is awesome.

Yes stevasaurus I do have to burn the leaves. Only down side to the sweeper. The Trac vac ground the leaves up and I could make a mulch pile. 2a81bf44d8c62f9816cb45ae5ef025d8.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DougC

next year let us members know and we will bring the weinies and marshmallows to the bonfire:lol:

• Like 3

RedRanger

glenn

The machine sure saves the wife and I a lot of time and hard azz work.The trac vac I used to have was a nice machine but just too small for my yard and we still had to pick up sticks before we could trac vac.One season the wife picked up 125 loads with it. I can now pick up about 35/40 loads but that includes sticks,limbs,acorns and squirrels if they get in the way. Bad part is the wife won't run it.LOL

:angry-nono:   :ROTF:

I miss burning leaves.  Growing up, we burned them every year.  Now we're not permitted....bleepin' government.
Miss the smoke, smell, sound.

One caution though...never try to light a pile of wet leaves with a coffee can of gasoline.  It just doesn't work too well and afterwards, you have to rake the area again!  WOOF!
Your eyebrows do grow back though.

Edited by RedRanger
  • Like 3

kiotiken

glenn

I miss burning leaves.  Growing up, we burned them every year.  Now we're not permitted....bleepin' government.

One caution though...never try to light a pile of wet leaves with a coffee can of gasoline.  It just doesn't work too well and afterwards, you have to rake the area again!  WOOF!

Haha,I have that picture going through my head right now. Too funny

CasualObserver

What a great property to get some serious seat time!  Thanks for sharing the pics. 

• Like 1

kiotiken
What a great property to get some serious seat time!  Thanks for sharing the pics. 

Thanks, ya I have 40 acres and mow about 10 of it. I would be gone from here if it wasn't for grandkids and that sweeper. The grandkids have 2 baja mini bikes 3 three wheelers a snowmobile, golf cart and a go cart, a four wheeler and a couple dirt bikes. There is s trail through the woods and the clearing that is a little over a mile. So that keeps them out of my hair. Lol

AMC RULES

glenn

:angry-extinguishflame:squirrel.jpg

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 4

RedRanger

I think I was about 14?  I can still smell the odor of singed hair on my arms and forehead.  I can laugh now.  :unsure:

• Like 3

stevasaurus

I miss burning the leaves also.  I will throw a few handfuls on the grill in the evening after cooking.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

DennisThornton

Ahh man!  I want one of EVERYTHING!

Edited by DennisThornton
Ahh man!
  • Like 1