Hammerhead

Wheel Horse collector passed away last month!

Hammerhead

I don't know if it is ok to post this here but some sad news for us collectors. Bowtie, a Chevy man and fellow Wheel Horse collector passed away last month! He lived close by me here in Ohio, in Gahanna. Don't know if anybody else knew him but he had some nice stuff and it all got dispersed around. Thanks...Hammerhead

• Like 3

Sparky

Very sad news Keith. If its who I think it is he was only 60 years old...right? Way to early.
Mike..........

WNYPCRepair

yes, very sad. 

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Sorry to hear that. I remember him posting. 

glenn

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I'm very new here but I remember reading and noting "Bowtie".  He must have left more impressions here...

Hammerhead

Yes he was about 60 but not quite. He had a pic of his 1967 or 68 Camaro as his face pic on this site. It was a yellow Camaro. Way too young! Bummer! He was a good mechanic and good at wiring things, like WH's!

• Like 4

rjg854

sorry to hear about anyone's passing, my he rest in peace

muz123

Sorry to hear, may he rest in peace.

Retired Wrencher

May he be at peace. And he and his family is in our prayers.

Wheel-N-It
I remember him too. He was very active here when I became a RS member.

CasualObserver

Thanks for letting us know Keith @Hammerhead . Sorry to hear that news.  

tunahead72

I didn't know BOWTIE personally, but I do remember his presence on the forum, he joined RedSquare shortly after I did back in 2011.  My sympathy to his family and friends.

fireman

Way to young to die. Here is the link to his obituary:

Bowtie's Obituary

if if you look at the video rememberance, there is the picture of him and his dad's 59 RJ when it was new.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

It's always sad when we lose a member, but it hurts more when it is tragic.  My prayers with him and his family.

leeave96

I use to read his posts - seems like they were always ALL CAPS, however, the man could absolutely make an old a Wheelhorse look BRAND NEW......

Sad

Family in my prayers.

R.I.P.

• Like 2

nylyon

Thank you for letting us know, he was a good man.

55rj35jr

sorry to hear this,, thanks Keith for posting this..

stevebo

Fireman thanks for the obituary. I just watched the video. It makes you stop and think about life. May he rest in peace. 

JimD

A very nice video tribute. My prayers to his family. Rest in peace Bowtie.

JC 1965

I remember him. I read many of his posts and he knew his way around :wh: tractors. Very sorry to hear of his passing. Prayers just sent out to his family. Rest in peace buddy.     

Racinbob

What a beautiful video tribute. I only knew Bowtie through this forum but it's clear that he was a well loved family man and his friends were part of his family. Our prayers go out to all the people who lives he touched.

RMCIII

My time lately has been limited by work, usually just enough time, to get my weekly Big 10 pics in and see what the new posts are. I had not seen BowTie's posts in quite sometime. When I became a member he and I had several messages back and forth regarding muscle cars. Over our internet connection we had some great discussions. Miss him already. I tried on several occasions to see if he had any hot buttons when it came to Ford vs. Chevy, he never once gave the impression of getting upset. Being a Ford fan I tried to bash his "great looking" chevy. Not once did it get him upset. Maybe he knew I was just trying to get him going. Never the less, anyone who is that dedicated to a car make/model, that keeps it cool even when your car is taking jabs, has got to be some kind of SPECIAL! I wish I could have met him.

RMCIII

Al C.

I was looking up Bowtie a few minutes ago.  I hadn't heard from him in a while.  So sad to hear he passed away.  I met him this Spring.  What a great guy.  He was selling one of his Wheel Horses.  A 1982 SK-486 ... like new.  We ended up working out a deal.  We spent an hour or so exchanging messages and then serveral hours together when I visited him to close the deal.  He showed me all his tractors and cars.  He was a perfectionist, but very practical.  Such a great guy.  I will miss him.  His tractor is in good care.  

image.png

Brian01

Sorry if anyone gets offended but DAMN Cancer!!!

It seems its going around like a common cold now aa adays.
Sorry to hear about Bowtie, may he rest in peace.