WNYPCRepair

Finally got a trailer, hope it holds up 2nd try

WNYPCRepair

That turned out to be a good looking trailer. Have you tried the tilt bed?

Not to load anything, haven't worked up the nerve yet. :)

DennisThornton

And here I was thinking that you could only fix Computers and Wheel Horses!

How'd that PT weld? :rolleyes:
Really, it looks nice!  But try to take of picture of it hauling something red!  

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Tomorrow 

DennisThornton

Tomorrow 

<grin :)>

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I dont see a wheel horse in the back. Lol

yet............

Glenn

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair
image.thumb.jpg.0c7c822da5698e7936a4c2c0image.thumb.jpg.51250a142354cc298522e7b0

here you go, a little project I picked up. 520-H and a tall chute. 

• Like 5

953 nut

We knew it wouldn't take long before a :wh: jumped in the trailer!           :thumbs:

• Like 4

DennisThornton

Ahh!  Now that is SO much better!

• Like 1

953 nut

Have you had the time to test the wire feed welder yet?

WNYPCRepair

Have you had the time to test the wire feed welder yet?

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/59166-mig-welding-question/ 

Not sure if you saw that topic, but the welder is feeding the wire sort of like a sewing machine. makes it hard to get a good weld. Although the piece I butt jointed seems pretty strong, but it took a few tries. I am currently considering taking the HF welder back and getting a Lincoln 140A from Home Depot.

bmsgaffer

i dont know if you have ever done any soldering, but when I finally moved up from my little consumer grade $100 weller soldering iron to my $500 JBC semi-pro soldering station I felt like a total pro at this stuff. I was soldering TQFP (read: TINY) parts like a machine.

All that to say, contrary to the popular golf belief, sometimes it IS the equipment that's holding you back. I have heard that in so many things, and its true with the HF welder. My buddy started off with one, and while it work just fine, you will feel like a pro moving to a higher grade machine.

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Yeah, I finally broke down and bought a soldering station, made a world of difference. I was even able to jumper a fuse on a laptop motherboard that I could barely see, even with my magnifying headband AND magnifying lamp together. 

DennisThornton

i dont know if you have ever done any soldering, but when I finally moved up from my little consumer grade $100 weller soldering iron to my $500 JBC semi-pro soldering station I felt like a total pro at this stuff. I was soldering TQFP (read: TINY) parts like a machine.

All that to say, contrary to the popular golf belief, sometimes it IS the equipment that's holding you back. I have heard that in so many things, and its true with the HF welder. My buddy started off with one, and while it work just fine, you will feel like a pro moving to a higher grade machine.

$500 soldering station!  Constantly amazed at the talent on this site!  (But how did you manage to spend $100 on a Weller soldering iron?)

bmsgaffer

$500 soldering station!  Constantly amazed at the talent on this site!  (But how did you manage to spend $100 on a Weller soldering iron?)

Yea I had bought what I considered a high end weller before I knew what top of the line really was. At work I have a full manual soldering workstation that ran just a hair over $4k. But that is soldering stations, with pencil and tweezers, desoldering vacuum and hot air rework setup.
imagen_01.thumb.jpg.59de63c62ec8f787e994

:scared-shocked:

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

I have a $100 digital hot air rework station and thought it was nice. That is a beast!  :)

DennisThornton

Yea I had bought what I considered a high end weller before I knew what top of the line really was. At work I have a full manual soldering workstation that ran just a hair over $4k. But that is soldering stations, with pencil and tweezers, desoldering vacuum and hot air rework setup.
imagen_01.thumb.jpg.59de63c62ec8f787e994

:scared-shocked:

OMG!  I had no idea!  Aokhgyeyhioiope!!!  Wow!

squonk

All I have to solder at work besides a torch is a teeny tiny soldering iron with a teeny tiny cord. I think it was originally part of Jeff Foxworthy's wood burning kit. :)

• Like 1

PaulC

That trailer will hold up just fine! My grampa bought one just like it in 1990 and its still around today. Use the tilt feature Brain its pretty handy.

Speaking of trailers and welding here is a pic of the snowmobile trailer I designed and built a few years ago. Its just over 8' wide and 12' long and can fit 3 sleds. All aluminum with 5/8 marine grade PT plywood with a aluminum ramp that slides in underneath from the back. It weighed in at just 600lbs when I had it weighed for registration! You have an SUV like me so trailers are a necessity. O and as you can see it works really good at hauling horses too, and due to the addiction we all share it has hauled horses a few times.

post-8772-0-53857100-1430013365.jpg

• Like 2