shallowwatersailor

Sailing! Sailing!

Sparky

Good for you! Have a great time!
Mike.........

squonk

Watch out for the Vacuum Commode! :lol:

Sparky

You realize that the week you are away your local Craigslist will be littered with crazy good WH deals and steals right!!
Mike.........

• Like 3

JimD

May you have a wonderful trip! :)

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

Watch out for the Vacuum Commode! :lol:

Stand up first!

You realize that the week you are away your local Craigslist will be littered with crazy good WH deals and steals right!!
Mike.........

Right! A low hour 523Dxi -cheap!

• Like 3

SALTYWRIGHT

I MADE IT FROM CT. TO  QUEBEC UP THE HUDSON RIVER. VERY NICE TRIP WITH A 28 FOOT BOAT IN 1989.    RUSS

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Good to see you are healed up and ready to have at it again John.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Good to see you are healed up and ready to have at it again John.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Still limping and dealing with the swelling. It should be fun getting sea legs. The nice thing about a cruise ship is that you don't have to show your ID card when they serve steak! :D

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 2

muz123

Have a fun time! :wh:

papaglide

Sounds like a very cool cruise. Have fun!!

stevasaurus

It really does sound like a great cruise.  John, would sure like to see some pictures...the east coast is simply gorgeous up that way.  :)

• Like 3

AMC RULES
Avast,  ye ol' land lubber ...      .:greetings-wavingyellow:
here's hoping you both have a good time on the high seas.   
 Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!    1sm264pirate.gif

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

squonk

Where's my dramaine? I don't know how well I'd do on a cruise. I get motion sickness turning on the TV with the remote. I love flying but need lots of gum :rolleyes:

shallowwatersailor
Avast,  ye ol' land lubber ...      .:greetings-wavingyellow:
here's hoping you both have a good time on the high seas.   
 Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!    1sm264pirate.gif

Aaaargh, talk like a Puddle Pirate! :ychain:

Where's my dramaine? I don't know how well I'd do on a cruise. I get motion sickness turning on the TV with the remote. I love flying but need lots of gum :rolleyes:

Actually this ship weighs 57,092 Gross Tons compared to the 2,592 Gross Tons the CG cutters that Bob and I sailed on. I even sailed halfway around the world on mine, and entered the Domain of the Golden Dragon while doing it. This should be smooooth sailing, comparatively.

• Like 1

rmaynard

I'm just sitting here thinking about those days John. No Dramamine, just a trash can strapped to my chair in front of the console. That was just the first couple of miles as we cruised out the Chesapeake. Then once we were on the open seas, no more seasickness. Never been even a bit queasy again on a ship.

Hope you have a great trip, uh I mean great cruise.

• Like 1

cruisnblue48

Have a pleasant and relaxing trip, John.  My wife and I have been thinking about taking a cruise sometime in the near future. Just not sure about floatin' on all that water, though. Since I can't swim, I pretty much prefer to keep my two feet firmly planted on the solid portion of the earth.

rmaynard

Oh by the way, do you want your WHCC T-Shirt for the trip? :dunno: I still have it waiting for our get-together.

shallowwatersailor

Have a pleasant and relaxing trip, John.  My wife and I have been thinking about taking a cruise sometime in the near future. Just not sure about floatin' on all that water, though. Since I can't swim, I pretty much prefer to keep my two feet firmly planted on the solid portion of the earth.

Actually we already have a cruise set for next May to Alaska. I really enjoy cruising and if I can swing it I hope to do an Eastern Caribbean before that ( it's the cheapest market), provided Mrs. Sailor says "Okay."

All of this started due to me breaking my ankle. We had a driving trip to Maine and Vermont planned but were thinking that I wouldn't be able to drive any distance for some time.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Just a little postscript to our cruise aboard the Veendam. The weather held out for the most part until the last two ports of call. We had heavy rain in Halifax docked bow-to-bow with the Queen Mary 2, and cold but tolerable weather in Bar Harbor, ME. The hurricane was too far away to impact us. But it will be a factor on the ship's return to Quebec. Seas were mild at the beginning but we ended the last three days with 10 foot seas. Mrs. Sailor did well! On to Alaska on the Niew Amsterdam in May 2016. Love those 'dam ships! :flags-netherlands:

P1000294.thumb.JPG.edfa905e3e6ce992045ae
P1000822.thumb.JPG.57ad3cc5b76e5234a61ceP1000586.thumb.JPG.79e455eaa59395dfda225P1000720.thumb.JPG.3e02b47787b7c66d10ec6

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

:text-coolphotos:      :thanks:     :handgestures-thumbsup:
Ankle looks to be doing great John. 

WHX??

I made that trip once on a Great Lakes cruise - course it was a fast frigate with guided missles & lousy chow........haze grey and underway....

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

:text-coolphotos:      :thanks:     :handgestures-thumbsup:
Ankle looks to be doing great John. 

I did more walking than I had expected! Mrs. Sailor has a FitBit and we managed to hit 10,000 steps most days. Of course, the ankle and leg needed some liabation to feel better in The Crow's Nest those days. :D

• Like 1

AMC RULES
Glad to see the worst of it is now behind you John...  :eusa-clap:
looking forward to seeing you make the next big :wh: show.