Bliksem

Hi from Australia Diesel 512-D

Bliksem

You're welcome Dennis, I only snapped them with my camera phone but will eventually get some better quality ones when time permits.

On another note, does anyone else have a seatbelt on their seat? The male side of my buckle was unthreaded from the strap when I collected it. Having a hard time threading it back through... Surely there is a trick to it?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Bliksem, welcome  to red square, caught your post and had to check out your horse, sweet piece. I am guessing the seat looks the same as the 520. Might be original, thanks for the pictures.

Glenn

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:
That is a sweet looking :wh:, sort of a surprise to see a Subaru engine in a Horse, but being European I guess that is to be expected. Looking good.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1

Bliksem

Yes, interestingly it has the Europa sticker near the brake pedal, and most of the stickering around the motor is in French, despite it being officially sold here in Australia

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

C-101plowerpower

:WRS:
That is a sweet looking :wh:, sort of a surprise to see a Subaru engine in a Horse, but being European I guess that is to be expected. Looking good.

wasn't really expecting to see a horse with a subaru engine, i'd have thought that they would put a Hatz or something in there

• Like 1

AMC RULES
Very nice...:handgestures-thumbupright:
bet it's a beast. 
  • Like 1

James d

Hey Bliksem, if you're still around you might find this interesting. My father purchased a 312-8 diesel brand new many years ago which has been used much more heavily than yours and has worn the engine out. The 312-8 is almost identical to yours, I think the 512 was an update. The story behind ours was that 2 were brought into the country to trial the diesel, dad's one came to Victoria and went from dealer to dealer as none of them wanted to sell it due to not being setup to service diesels. I think it had been sitting for many years when my dad spotted it and the dealer reluctantly sold it to him on the condition that it never comes back for issues with the engine. The dealer told him that the other machine went to Sydney and was stolen from the dealer, I assumed that it was another 312-8, but I wonder whether yours is the other machine from Sydney. Your machine may have an interesting history

Tony in Australia 2

Nice looking tractor, good to see someone else down under with an appreciation for the wheel horse. I have a 416-8 twin cylinder Owen which only had 182hrs on the clock. I get some pictures up soon. I sold my 312-8 last month. I'm in central north Vic.

Question for the team, has anyone been able to increase the centre pully size to increase the speed of the cutting blades for a better cut? 

Also, when I lift the cutting deck hight the deck hits the rear wheel. Is there a way to move the deck foreward 1/2 in -15mm?