KC9KAS

Drill Press

KC9KAS

I live in a small (700 population) community and this weekend (Friday & Saturday) is a "Town Wide" yard sale.

There are about 75-80 different sales going on and folks sent in a list of goodies they would be selling so a map could be made for "out of towners".

I saw a drill press listed and was at the guys house before sun-up this morning. I got it or $50 and I know it isn't the world best, but I feel I got a decent deal.

I know how everyone wants photos, so here is my new drill press..Oh, the rust is only surface rust and comes off with a little WD-40 and fine grit sand-paper.

20150821_170325_zpsgx4uic6w.jpg

20150821_170313_zpsv6p3vitd.jpg

• Like 7

JPWH

Good score!!

elcamino/wheelhorse

It is a great score. Much better than my bench top drill press.

953 nut
:bow-blue:  your photo will be in every Indiana post office by morning; Wanted for drill press theft!  Nice score.            :text-coolphotos:
  • Like 1

squonk

I have the same unit and yes they rust. Hard to believe because when new they are covered with cosmoline paper

DennisThornton

Great buy!  If this is your first press you are going to love it!

i have the same one, but don't use it much since i have a Bridgeport mill.   i see that it has a #2 Morse taper on the spindle ,  i suggest you get a keyless chuck to fit it so changing drill bits etc is real easy