Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

What did Bruno do today?

Ken B

Bruno is one of our dogs, His Mom Emma is a pure Lemon Beagle, Bruno is that with a little something else... This morning Bruno was tied up outside and my wife let me know he just tree'd a squirrel. No biggie to me, he always chasing them. Well that tree rat was teasing him all day and Bruno wasn't liking it one bit  . It was around 3pm and I'm out in the yard with my brother Jim when he yells yo your dog just got a squirrel. I ran to the back yard to see whats what and Bruno would no let go of that sucker. In fact he was trying to swallow it whole! I was about to put my hands anywhere near his mouth so I told my brother to grab the dog treats on the kitchen counter. He runs in grabs them and comes outside with the box and tosses one on the ground. Bruno wasn't amused and was still trying to swallow that tree rat. i told jim to just dump the whole box! Well that did the trick! Usually its his Mom killin the squirrels, she can actually climb 8 ft up a tree in a flash, but today and for the next week she's a jug head.... Bruno needs to be tied up, he's wicked afraid of the electric fence and he will take off and he can't find his way home.. Once in a while Mom sneaks off for a few hrs. if the batteries are weak but she always comes back...
20150818_142856_zpsnos480kd.jpg
20150818_205247_zpscdm6urvc.jpg

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 2

Sparky

My yellow Labrador mix has caught one squirrel and two chipmunks in her 11 years, but with the soft Labrador mouth she only left gobs of slobber on all of em. 
Mike.........

• Like 2

wallfish

Bruno looks proud of himself with the squirrel but then, The Cone of SHAME.

My brother's golden retriever came flying out of his house full blast, flew across the street and hammered a little bunny right in front of the neighbor's elderly mother who was walking up to the house. Just so happens it was Easter morning too. The poor woman was so traumatized to see the Easter Bunny get shredded, we had to help her into the house.

• Like 2