Docwheelhorse

Just dropping by....

Docwheelhorse

Hello All,
been awhile... working way too many hours.... missed the show (hear that turned out to be a good thing due to rain) , had to scrap my vacation to keep boss man happy. Working 16 hr days 7 days a week for short term now...

Miss the forum and the Wheel Horses---haven't touched one in a year around my house.

decided to visit and see whats going on and give a shout out to everybody.

Already looking forward to next years show

Tony

• Like 4

953 nut

Tony,

I can identify with your predicament, when I was a power plant operator we had so much mandatory overtime that it ruled my life, but I got even and retired when I was 60! Banked the OT money and have loved life every day after leaving. Hope you can make next year's show.

rmaynard

I knew there was someone missing from the group picture at The WHCC show this year. Glad you checked in.

• Like 2

Sparky

I wouldn't say he has been workin all the time....he did manage to have a few of these hitch bars made up. My GT1600 has a fuel issue so I decided tonight to just rip out all the fuel lines, filter and the tank shut-off. Perfect time to install the new hitch.
It does require the two 3/8th bolts in the top of the tranny to be swapped out to longer ones, but other than that its a 5 minute job (unless your swapping all the fuel lines AND the shifter boot like me :rolleyes: ). It sticks out farther and is higher than the factory hitch, it'll get a hitch ball and will be perfect for moving my boat and utility trailer. The factory hitch is just way to low.
Pics of course!
Mike.......

Hitch_bar_001.JPG.9d081625e3cb7c153f62c6Hitch_bar_004.JPG.60af08f5eea1bfe3ceb61fHitch_bar_008.JPG.6caa3bb4708f9d7090492cHitch_bar_003.JPG.8c9456b79817f94578a9e3

Edited by Sparky
  • Like 1

Docwheelhorse

Woo Hoo!!! My hitch design in action!! (I didn't even get to put one on my machine yet..) :(. Its 3/8ths flat stock and time will tell how it works out... I don't think it will bend or overload anything as long as common sense is used. I just liked its simplicity (much like a Wheel Horse itself) versus these fancy over priced flimsy hitch adapters that are out and about the market place. If anybody is interested I can have the steel shop I know bang out a few more and sell them for cost plus shipping (~~~$30 each total). I just slobbed some good old rust-o-leum sunrise red on with a brush to make them look good and the hitch ball hole is 3/4" (standard size) .

looks good Mike!!!

Tony

Sparky

Got the tractor all back together and gave the hitch a workout. My boat on the trailer is an estimated 2000#s....not sure what the tongue weight is but its on the heavy side. Maybe 150 pounds loaded with the boat? That's about all I would want on the new hitch so moving my unloaded utility trailers around should be a snap.
The first pic is on the new hitch...the second is on the old factory hitch (my trailer tongue wheel is almost on the ground).
Mike......Hitch_pictures_001.JPG.65317f2cda6c8e802Hitch_pictures_004.JPG.fad63db1695686a16Hitch_pictures_005.JPG.918c7614f2669a21aHitch_pictures_006.JPG.46a9abe9df5ab20ad

squonk

Know the feeling about work load. I just finished up 3 50 hr weeks so I could this past week off for the steam show.

sorekiwi

You better stop all this working crap and get on to the restoration of that 1054 with the Johnson loader Tony.  I want to see pictures!

• Like 2

CasualObserver

+1 :thumbs: