JimD

Football?

JimD

While it may be a bit early for Brrly's annual Big 10 football thread, it is never too early to set the tone..

11800611_491722927657701_829019585384014:ychain:

Edited by JimD
  • Like 7

squonk

Now that's funny! :lol: You must be feeling better Jim! :)

• Like 3

JimD

Yes I do Mike but I start another go-round tomorrow. That's how this stuff works. They take ya down and when you bounce they take ya down again. Three left and I'm done. :)

• Like 3

RMCIII

I had heard a rumor that Michigan was trying to move to the MAC Conference. The thought behind it was to not see such an upsidedown score each time they lost. Not sure how true that is, but it sure is funny. :ROTF:

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 3

C-101plowerpower

did it start allready? damn still gotta get my woodshoes painted with da bears on them:D

• Like 5

squonk

Paint the Bears logo on the bottom so no one sees it and gives you a hard time! :) 9004044997avatar.thumb.jpg.7a2ce523c6389

• Like 5

Brrly1

Who said it's to early for Big Ten football???? I'm already working that thought!! Dino, Iowa plays NW at NW, my ears are already ringing!!! Headsets will be worn!!! One of many games we could see. Curious to how many people we could get to go to a game?? Idea's, suggestions??? I know there will be at least one game attended. Was thinking about a season ticket to the Toledo Rockets who are actually expected to win there division in the MAC conference!!! Michigan Beware!!!

• Like 2

HorseFixer

You guys are funny!  :ROTF:

In 1968 os beat Michigan 50-14 os won the national championship they had an outstanding team, Everyone thought they would win it the next year in 1969 because that team was loaded same as this year. In 1969 Michigan hired a new coach his name was Bo Shembachler against all odds Michigan beat them 24-12. That started the 10 year war, with Michigan taking the best of that series. (Will history repeat itself? I doubt it.) At some point in time many teams has its troubles with management hiring a new coach. Ask os fans when they hired John Cooper. Nd when they hired Bob Davie, George "O" Liar, Tyrone Loosingham, Kent Bear, and Charlie I want another donut Weiss. Our past two coaches were way less than Stellar for sure. That's why Michigan did what they did, They Gave Jim Harbaugh an open checkbook, And he hired a dream team staff. when he took over they were rated #85 in recruiting and now after 7 months are #7. #2 in the Big 10 with os being #1 Nationally which is to be expected after the year they have had. That's why Nike signed the biggest contract ever in history with Michigan, And just about all the tickets this year are sold out. Jim Harbaugh does not sleep, He is a tyrant just like BO, and one of his disciple's.  He has EVERYONE behind him and on board from the Regents, President, AD, Alumni, Students, Coaches,  Players and Fans and the News Media. That never happened with the last two coaches FAR FROM IT!  <<< When that happens failure is going to happen which it did it was doomed from the get go. I thought Brady would do a better job than he did, I WAS WRONG. :no:But then again I didn't know about all the turmoil that was within the program and the lack of everyone not being on board, all that came out after his firing.  B)

Unlike most coaches Jim Harbaugh has won on every level, HS player, College player and was #3 in Heisman voting! Pro Career player 14 years, College Coach, Pro Coach. Jim Harbaugh  Is a winner, He is totally devoted and probably works harder than any coach out there he is relentless, he doesn't take vacations, get sick nor believe in major holiday's he is a JACK HAMMER.  ( https://twitter.com/espnnfl/status/481040240207880193 ) I will not disparage any coaches or teams this year, I will let the cards and chips fall where they may. But don't think things can't happen more Quickly than can be expected after all the same situation happened in 1969 Do I think they will? Probably not but you never know till the fat lady sings.. JimD you will like the first part of this story about Alabama!   ;)   ( http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/5-reasons-why-jim-harbaugh-will-lead-michigan-to-the-big-ten-title.html/?a=viewall )  In ending I would like to say it sure is nice to be retired and screw off and waste my time on forums.  :D  I wish everyone and there teams good luck this year. One thing for sure it's going to be interesting! One last thing......... I sure am glad and Lucky Michigan doesn't play Illinois this year!  :ychain:  

Take Care!  ~Duke 

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 2

stevasaurus
I sure am glad and Lucky Michigan doesn't play Illinois this year!  
quote from above post...:)

That was the smartest thing you said Bob.  :ROTF:BTW...Jim was a Chicago Bear...you did not mention that.  :)
  • Like 1

Brrly1

YIKES!!! Everyone run for cover. The Horefixer is alive!!! Haven't heard a peep out of him! Now that football is within a month from starting here we go, we are getting all kinds of updates on Michigan stand by to Stand by. Hey Duke, at least you'll have a decent quarterback Jake Ruddock has a pretty good arm. It's a good thing that Iowa gave him his traveling papers as he had graduated and become fifth year senoir. At least Michigan has somebody to base there offense on!!!

• Like 1

squonk

Iowa can't start football this year until they get all of those combines off of the football field! :) :teasing-poke:

(This is for that pic on FB John! :lol:)

• Like 3

stevasaurus

OK, it's just a couple of weeks until the season starts and I am looking at the schedules...
I see IOWA at 6 wins and 6 losses...maybe 5 wins and 7 losses
   Illinois at 6 wins and 6 losses
   Indiana  4 wins and 8 losses
   Maryland 4 wins and 8 losses
   Michigan 7 wins and 5 losses
   Michigan St. 7wins and 5 losses
   Minnesota 8 wins and 4 losses
   Nebraska 9 wins and 3 losses
   Northwestern 5 wins and 7 losses
   Ohio St.  12 wins and 0 losses...maybe 11 wins and 1 loss  Michigan St.
   Penn St.  8 wins and 4 losses
   Purdue 4 wins and 8 losses...maybe 5 wins and 7 losses Illinois or Northwestern
   Rutgers  with the toughest schedule  5 wins and 7 losses
   Wisconsin  12 wins and 0 losses...more like 11 wins and 1 loss
That means 8 or 9 Big Ten teams make the Bowl games this year and Ohio St. and Wisconsin play for all the marbles in the big Ten Tournament.  If both Wisconsin and Ohio St. are undefeated going into the Big Ten Tournament game...do they both get into the top 4 team playoffs???  I think not, but they would have a good case.  :)  Here we go.

doughnut_1.thumb.jpg.94d8a2c5eb27aff33f6

• Like 2

HorseFixer

Yeah John,

Jimmy Has pulled them from everywhere, Oh man does he, You should see the Australian Punter that he pulled from Webber State! WoW is all I can say what a leg.  I don't care if you like Michigan or not, this kid is Awesome!  Here is his story coming to Mich. >>>> http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041015aaa.html  Here is his Youtube video.  >>>>>>  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzZQQLuvR24  I'm ready let the games begin! 

~Duke

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Here is the real U-Tube video... :)

doke02.thumb.png.3bf04e62548d6d7677a0b56

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

squonk

It's a good thing they got a GOOD punter!!!  :)

I'm more worried about the Dino smoking us with his picks 2 years in a row! 897109581avatar.thumb.gif.d567c15dcfe55d

HorseFixer

Actually Mike,
Dino needs to figure out the difference between a Field Goal and Punting!  But what do you expect from a fan of the Cigar Store Indians! :ROTF:

~Duke

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I'm thinking we should just keep this thread for the season, rather then start another one.  I will pin this and type the 1st weeks games in the next week.  What do you guys think about picking the Notre Dame games along with the Big Ten games...15 teams.  This would be for RacinBob and our other retarded members.  :ychain:  :bow-blue:  weigh in and vote here.  :)

• Like 2

squonk

15 is a nice even number! :) I like it! th.thumb.jpg.66989bfb2ee65a5a588f32b5525

• Like 1

RMCIII

Well, as you can guess, Ohio State is all over the news, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, ect.... I just hope they stay focused on doing their job again this year, not letting all this pre-season hype get to their heads/egos!

RMC

• Like 1