Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Robbers target Craig's list users

T-Mo

Saw this on another forum and thought it might be worth posting here for our Minneapolis/St. Paul members.

Robbers Target Craig's List Users

Nick

Sure might make you think about going after the next great buy or even giving out your address to a buyer. I kind of wonder about opening up the garage to let a buyer look around. Never know if they might come back later that night for a discount. A friend told me that did happen to a guy that sells at Portland swap meet. I think he told someone about or showed them his parts/tractors, then they came back when he wasnt around and took it all.

Rollerman

I've been running a few adds on Craigslist for a while now & have heard some stories about bad dealings with it.

Been considering looking into other options like the Auto & RV books.

I'm pretty trusting person & can say I've had one bad experience with a buyer comeing to my place.

I left the garage a moment to get some paperwork...everything seemed cool when I got back.

A few weeks later I started noticeing several of my small parts were missing.

Live & learn hard I guess. :D

Nick I heard about that fellow in Portland, come to think about it I don't remember if he was at the fall Wapak swap?

perry

I'm pretty trusting person & can say I've had one bad experience with a buyer comeing to my place.

I left the garage a moment to get some paperwork...everything seemed cool when I got back.

A few weeks later I started noticeing several of my small parts were missing.

Live & learn hard I guess. :D

yep thats me to stephan. nice guy and too trust worthy. when buyers stop by we tend to get'a talkin tractors and most the time we wind up out back kicking around all the old tractors i have. but its not easy to get in and out of my place. im always home and you either have to go out the back threw the swamp or right past my front door. and they aint gonna like what comes out that door. but if i ever get down to your place stephan dont turn your back, you have a awfull lot of nice red things i would'nt mind loading up :P

Rollerman

Perry (or any Red Square member) you are welcome here anytime.

May even help you load something up.

About 99% of the time I do the same thing...end up talking tractors & giveing the 10 cent tour.

And on the other side of the coin have met some pretty good people as a buyer going after a tractor or attachment.

T-Mo

I would love to go see both of your guys' places and see your stuff. Stephen, I'm closer to you than I am to Perry, but you're still a good driving distance away. Maybe some day...... :D

Rod(NASNUT)

:D Hay wh1056 I could come over the hill and take a look at your stuff! :P

TT

Just be careful, Rod.....

In descending order of ferocity are the 71 lb German Shepard, the 110 lb flat coat retriever, and the 77 lb O.E. Bulldog. None of them like strangers, but they do like Wal*Mart chocolate chip cookies! :D

Rod(NASNUT)

:P they should get along fine with my 110lb black lab he likes any food. :D

Rollerman

Terry you know I could bring my wife's 3 pomeranians along..they can run fast...probably keep your 3 busy long enough for me to shop. :D

TT

If they're females, the Bulldog would be occupied. :D