RedRanger

Hub Caps or Wheel Covers without scratching rims?????

WHX??

Will do @JCM...the edge thing works I'll send you some.   Thing that kills me with an old thread like this is the banter our forefathers had 5 years ago... we got nothin on them...Howard's reponse is timeless...:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JCM

I love the pictures of him at the BS with his name on the plow blade  Priceless, I need to meet him.

• Excellent 1

WHX??

He's a hoot to say the least! :)

• Like 2

WHX??

Update to this thread. Wasn't sure if we would like hub caps or the open look on this tractor so didn't want to scratch. 

The fronts I used the door trim which worked great. Just a one inch piece in place of the removed clips. McMaster Carr has it or I can send you a piece. 

Lennox sent me a roll to quite noisy AC panels. This stuff is supposed  a glue inside to stay stuck but a dab of contact cement or silcone helps.

BTW also works great for hood to tank trim. This stuff is also offered in a crome version for trailer queenies who want some bling.

20200324_150115.jpg

20200328_180716.jpg

Rears did not work at all... not thick enough to get a good grab.

I had some hose laying around that I cut into one in pieces and slit down lenght wise with a razor knife. Measured about 3/8 od 1/8 id. Think it was a left over scrap from windshield washer tubing or auto vacuum tubing. 

20200324_143926.jpg

Was a tight fit but some careful tapping with a rubber mallet they went on just like she likes...goodntite. :lol:

20200319_120130.jpg

OEM clips were a pain to get off as previously mentioned... spring steel.. I hit the tops of  them lightly with a grinder to persuade them. 

20200322_102656.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

squonk

I was just contemplating the same thing. I have powder coated wheels and a set of caps sitting on the shelf. Was gonna try duct tape  but I got some of the door edge moulding too