Ed Kennell

HARVEST TIME

953 nut
:)  Made short work of that job didn't they. I have never seen the mid mounted disc setup, looks neat.
  • Like 1

C-101plowerpower

still pretty big operation for me, i'm used to see one smaller combine with two tractors with trailers that go directly to the farm:flags-netherlands:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
:)

Made short work of that job didn't they. I have never seen the mid mounted disc setup, looks neat.

Yeah Dick, this operation, owned by the Barleys from Lancaster Co, have their farming well equipped and organized. They drive the combines the 30+ miles here to York Co. and farm about 20K acres of wheat, corn, and soybeans on leased farmland. When they start combining, they don't stop till they are finished. The grain is off loaded from the combines to the haulers "on the fly" then hauled to the waiting trucks that haul it back to Lancaster Co. These harvested wheat fields will be planted in beans next week. I really enjoy watching them operate, and I have a ring side seat from a little RED HORSE.   
I picked the small disc parts up at an auction with a Brinley cultivator and realized it was small enough to fit under the frame of the Commando 8.  It actually  works pretty well there mainly because it is easy to add 176.5 lbs. of dead weight for cutting.   I just stand up to cut and sit down to lift and clean the discs.
How is the back coming ?    It's been nearly 10 months since my wife had L3, L4 and L5 fused and she is really seeing improved mobility the last two weeks, so don't get discouraged, the healing is a long slow process.
I was really glad it worked out for James to bring the 953 South and get it closer to you.
Best Regards,
Ed

• Like 1

953 nut
:)   PM sent.

dcrage

Love to watch You Tube videos of harvest activities like this operation. My newly dicovered favorites are the whole crop silage operations from Ireland and Great Britan. 

RMCIII

I would not call (2) 690's small! Not to mention those will handle the 50' platforms being made today. What does surprise me is (2) carts. Usually it is (1) cart for (2) combines. If the cart driver is good enough, he can keep (2) going. Nice photos!

RMC

shallowwatersailor

Yesterday I had the chance to just "get out of the house." My wife and I had lunch at a smaller  "Five Guys" further North that was accessible for me. A trip to TSC was also included with her doing the running! Along the way, they were harvesting wheat down here as well.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

I would not call (2) 690's small! Not to mention those will handle the 50' platforms being made today. What does surprise me is (2) carts. Usually it is (1) cart for (2) combines. If the cart driver is good enough, he can keep (2) going. Nice photos!

RMC

You are correct RMC....they had one cart and two balers...My bad.

• Like 1

Don1977

Here are a few more pictures of making hay.

This one across the road from my house.

SAM_0623.jpg

These on my land beside my house.

SAM_0626.jpg

SAM_0628.jpg

• Like 2