Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Truck and Tractor pulling

Nick

Looking for Mustang pictures but found pulling pictures. This was my 1941 Allis CHalmers C. Had hand brakes so was fun trying to steer and grab a brake. Also pulled my work tractor at that time a 1952 Allis CA. Truck is a 95 F350 460 C6 auto 4.10 gears.

pull1.jpgpulling001.jpg

T-Mo

Nice pictures. Do you have a close up of that Ford? Looks pretty nice from here. :D

Nick

Terry,

This is the best picture i could find. If you have high speed internet I do have a video that goes with the picture. He got the trailer stuck and even though I kept telling him something would break he had me try to pull him out. :D Also loaded a video from the truck pull. After my brother pulls there is an older modified Ford plus some hillbilly bumper to bumper pulling.

Truck pulling video

Stuck trailer video

f350-1.jpg

CasualObserver

Nick, I watched that stuck trailer video the other night... you guys were lucky it was only the coupler that snapped! I thought for sure you guys were gonna rip something off !

Rollerman

Holy cow Nick?!?!

So I have to ask....was the cat available when you started this operation? :D

Nick you sure your not from Indiana? :P

combatmp29r

Hmmm my brother-in -law definately is from IN. No ofense to the state Stephen more because my wife is from there and reads over my shoulder sometimes :P

My brother -in -law is a small time farmer. Owns 2 acres and 25-30 pieces of machinery (no joke there). He leases alot of land. Anyhow, he got his one ton chevy stuck to the A arms in the mud. Pulled a few times with the other truck, no dice. Goes and gets the loader. Chains the front end to the bucket and lifts to pull it out. Sounds good till you realize he wrapped the chain around the bumper and no frame. Yep rip bye bye bumper. I pulled it out with my 74 chevy 1ton 4x4. After almost pissing myself laughing about the bumper. I can laugh because I've done my fair share of the stupid stuff :D

Nick

Stephen,

The Cat had to be pull started. The 2wd diesel might have done it but after the 4x4 was "unhooked" we used that to start the dozer. The trailer was to low and heavy to get it off the truck before that. That coupler pipe was way to light for the trailer so it was in need a new stronger unit anyway.. Yea the neighbors have never known whats next.

Rollerman

Nick can't say I ever seen a dozer pull started...but the ones I have operated are all auto & I don't think that Ford would pull start the D 8's at work :D

After explaining why you did things the way you did...It sounds like something from the Red/Green show. :(

Looks like the cylinder was really working to get the dump box up too.

I'm glad I don't take pictures at work

I have done my share of stupid things or oops moments at work..I could tell a few...but all of them would put me well over 1000 posts :P

T-Mo

Nick,

You could have borrowed this car to pulled the trailer with:

small car pulling jeep

Guys remember this video - a small car pulling a camper trailer up a hill:

car pulling trailer

TT

How 'bout this one? :D

mhpuller.jpg

combatmp29r

I prefer this one

greengateexpress.jpg

My ex wifes uncles brother owned it. I'm sure most of you have seen it before. The mighty Green Gate express out of N canton OH. I prefer it because I got some seat time in it during some reasearch and developement runs. Ok so I sucked, but I got a couple runs :D

Yes I know its green :P

TT

My ex wifes uncles brother owned it.

Whew! :D

I think I heard that referral used on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. :P

combatmp29r

Yeah i know try saying it ten times fast. :D

Nick

Friend of my brothers built this one. They made new rules the next year that backed that class down some I think. :D

fireballpull.jpg

Looking for that picture I found some WH pulling pictures. Yes thats a ballburner with 26-12x12 tires and big stacks.

fletcherpull2.jpgfletcherpull8.jpgfletcherpull6.jpgfletcherpull1-1.jpgbluffton008.jpg

Rollerman

Great pics Nick,Joel & Terry.

Terry really like the semi pulling, they do this at several county fairs now in my area & still have not made it to see one.

They have a pull off up here every year between 3 rival concrete companies useing the rear engine front dump "quint" concrete haulers...thats always been neat to see & wish I had pics. :D

Nick I wonder how long the trans lasted in the nut roaster...I souped up my dads when I was a kid for pulling with a big tucky & the trans (3 peice) did not last long.

I like the pic of the 400 series...looks like it has some power.

Joel even if you "sucked" :( ...you still got some seat time in it & thats awesome! :P

T-Mo

I have to admit, I have never made it yet to a truck or tractor pull. I have saw several on RFD-TV, but none up close and personal. Maybe this year.... :D

combatmp29r

What no truck or tractor pulls? Are you sure you own John Deeres? :D

T-Mo

I know, I know. :P They need to take away my green and yellow stuff.

Now, I have been in a few "tractor and truck pulls".

"Hey, I'm stuck, can you pull me out?!" :D

TT

Great pics Nick,Joel & Terry.

Terry really like the semi pulling, they do this at several county fairs now in my area & still have not made it to see one.

They have a pull off up here every year between 3 rival concrete companies useing the rear engine front dump "quint" concrete haulers...thats always been neat to see & wish I had pics. :D

Here in my area, they have just started pulling "large cars" at the fairgrounds.

A real good friend of mine and the owner of S&R Towing, Repairs, and Recovery has a 1979 Kenworth W900A with a KT-600 Cummins engine that has been "set up" to work REAL WELL. A friend of his (Tom Lindsey) lives about an hour away and helped with setting up Sam's truck. Here's a link to a YouTube video of Tom pulling:

We also (sometimes) attend a "Truckers Day" at Buck Motorsports Park in Buck, PA. (near Lancaster) It's a truck show, pull, and DRAG RACE all in one event!

Here's a link to Tom's wife Dana pulling with her Peterbilt at "The Buck":

And a link to a drag race:

I'm sure those mixers would be a blast to watch too Stephen -- kind of like a Rhino and a Hippo with their tails tied together. :P

combatmp29r

Sweet!! They've pulled rigs at my home town county fair since I was little. Never seen a drag race before though. The thing up home now is modified diesel pickups. There are 4 or 5 guys from around the state with $100.000 + diesel pickups that they pull. No I didn't put in any extra zeros there :D