milspec762

26x12x12 Tires on WH 522Xi

milspec762

Maybe theirs already been a convo on this. But I couldn't find one.

I just got a 522Xi, and it came with the dualies. Im looking to drop the dualies and go with some larger/wider rear tires. 26x12x12 is what I have in my sights.

Anyone else who has done this Id like to hear some feed back.

How much trimming of fenders was need. Will stock rims work or do I need to order new ones.(links to rims would be good if thats the case)

These are the tires looking to buy http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crr-523360/overview/

Any other recommendations in that size Id be happy to hear/see and hear your success/horror stories lol

Thanks!

Edited by milspec762

baerpath

You should check locally that's not a great deal. Also you could try 24x12x12's  Just a little shorter could be a direct swap But I'm not sure

slammer302

i seen the pic of your 522xi and i would do away with the duals too and go with sum fluid filled ags or atv tires ive heard the duals can be hard on transmissions

shallowwatersailor

Summit Racing does have some of the best prices, and that particular selection includes free shipping with no sales tax. The Kenda Terra Trac would be an alternate choice if you are working on mixed surfaces. Just make sure that they are 4 ply, or even 6 ply because of the loader. You might also check the front tires as the stock tires were only 2 ply with 4 ply optional. Definitely get what ever you choose loaded.

The 26x12.00-12 needs a 10.5" rim. The rims you have are only 8.5" wide.

boovuc

You won't need to cut anything. You just need to get the tub raised. You'll need to buy some longer bolts and either use washers or cut some plate about 1 inch square and start stacking. Make sure you leave enough room between the fenders and the tires to clear anything sticking to your tires in mud like branches, etc. 

• Like 1

milspec762

You should check locally that's not a great deal. Also you could try 24x12x12's  Just a little shorter could be a direct swap But I'm not sure

​They were the best price I could find. The tires I ordered are also 8 PLY instead of 4 PLY. Same tires in 4ply were about $100/ea compared to $155

I might consider the 24x12x12 depending on if I have to cut on this. But doesnt sound like I do. So going to give the 26x12x12's a shot.

milspec762

Summit Racing does have some of the best prices, and that particular selection includes free shipping with no sales tax. The Kenda Terra Trac would be an alternate choice if you are working on mixed surfaces. Just make sure that they are 4 ply, or even 6 ply because of the loader. You might also check the front tires as the stock tires were only 2 ply with 4 ply optional. Definitely get what ever you choose loaded.

The 26x12.00-12 needs a 10.5" rim. The rims you have are only 8.5" wide.

​Is that true on the 10.5? I was reading on these 26x12x12 require only 8.5 inch rim. You can see here http://www.kenjones.com/Scripts/itemdetail.aspx?t=90505&IK=523377 Rim width is only 8.5 inches.

I actually got the 8 PLY ones too, So I think that definitely should help with loader

Thanks for the insight! Im gonna do some more digging and just confirm that don't need 10.5

Racinbob

I'm thinking that 8.5" is a misprint. That's just not wide enough. Millers sounds right.

• Like 1

milspec762

I'm thinking that 8.5" is a misprint. That's just not wide enough. Millers sounds right.

​Hmm I did go to carlisle Website, and even on there fitment guide it said 8.5 and thats main reason i bought these ones (attached screen shot of there tire chart with it highlighted.)

These are supposed to protect the beads and over hang. So I think that's why its able to work with 8.5 inch rim.

If the manufacture is wrong Ill be upset. Going to have the tires mounted today and hopefully start installing tonight. Ill post some pics on the progress. And also if these fit an 8.5 inch rim

Carlisle - Tru Power Tire Specs.png

Racinbob

Interesting. I'd like to see them mounted. I'm also seeing 23x10.50-12 on 7" rims. I didn't think that was right. I've been thinking about putting those on mine since nobody that I've found makes 23x9.50-12's. I haven't because I didn't think my rims were wide enough. That's the first chart I've seen showing 7" rims. I definitely don't think Carlisle would be wrong.

milspec762

Interesting. I'd like to see them mounted. I'm also seeing 23x10.50-12 on 7" rims. I didn't think that was right. I've been thinking about putting those on mine since nobody that I've found makes 23x9.50-12's. I haven't because I didn't think my rims were wide enough. That's the first chart I've seen showing 7" rims. I definitely don't think Carlisle would be wrong.

​Ill post some pics of them mounted on stock 8.5 inch rims later this evening. and then probably tomorrow of them mounted on my 522Xi.

milspec762

​If they fit as stated on my 8.5's your probably in luck with your 7in rims. :auto-dirtbike:

Racinbob

I agree. Please do post a picture when you get them mounted.:)

shallowwatersailor

When all else fails check the manufacturer's site. That is interesting.

Hopefully they haven't changed the tire to be the size of Deestone ags, which run small; and they don't balloon out when mounted..

You might also consider replacing the lugbolts with 7/16"-20 x 1-1/2" Grade 5 bolts and lugnuts. It makes it much easier to mount tires.

DSCN3169.thumb.JPG.535953c3fd082dbdc4069

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 1

Racinbob

Checking the sites has been done countless times. I befuzzled why I never saw that particular chart. Nevertheless, that's a lot of tread width and rim 'overhang'. That's why I'd like to see them mounted.

milspec762

Hey guys,

I went down to America's Tire here. And got the "how much do you want to pay to have these mounted?" Question Said nothing so they mounted them for free. lol

Looks like they mounted just fine on the 8.5 inch rims, I dont see any issue with overhang. And pretty happy with how they look!

Heres some pics. Im going to start pulling the tractor apart tonight (in need of a paint job as well) and then next couple days ill post pictures of the progress and final product.

If you wanted some nice wide ones for you 7 inch rims Id say these are the way to go. Americas tire even checked there fitment guide and said 8.5 for these 26x12x12  8 Ply's.

Stay tuned!

IMG_1685.JPG

IMG_1686.JPG

IMG_1687.JPG

IMG_1688.JPG

Edited by milspec762
Spelling Edits

milspec762

IMG_1684.JPG

boovuc

Those tires look super aggressive. I love them and you'll like the stability of them too!

Forest Road

Like the look. Definitely curious to see if the y fit. Is your ballast box going to clear? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milspec762

Like the look. Definitely curious to see if the y fit. Is your ballast box going to clear? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

​I just pulled a tire off and mounted one without any modification. It fits but hits fender slightly. Looks like I need to make about 3/4-1 inch of clearance and ill be good. I got some ideas of how im going to takle it. Not sure if I will have to cut anything. But I'll see once I open it up. This is first time modding one of these.

Doesnt look like any blockers and fiarly easy to pull off. Im going to post pics and steps of how I ended up doing mine.

milspec762

​Ballast box/Weight box? Yeah that should fit fine looks like :-)

milspec762

Hey Guys,

I made some progress tonight. I got the tires mounted, Even was able drive it out into the driveway for a hose down.  Still working on fitting the fenders, but thing I should have it wrapped up tomorrow.

Heres some pics of the Progress so far.  Clearance is looking good!!!

Must of killed 10-11 Blackwidows though....

IMG_1694_small.gif

IMG_1690_small.gif

IMG_1689_small.gif

boovuc

I think you did very well with the price, ply ratings and style of that tire. I don't have an Xi so I wasn't familiar with the tank style under the tub verses my 520-H but on the same principle, you can raise everything at the base mount or you can just lift the tank. Whatever gets you through the night! 
PS....Black Widow Spiders or the refreshing Vodka and Rum on ice mix? If I start killing 10 or 11 of either, I would be crapping my pants! 

• Like 1

decksetter

Looks good! I just put 26s on two of my machines last month, the 12" width worked fine on my stock 520H wheels, but they don't flatten the tire out near as much as my other set, which I bought used and already mounted on a set of 10.5" wheels. I think the wheels may be off a cub cadet but they have 6 4 336733 coats of paint so who knows. e0b9a1fba61f047408f9f970e0417148.jpg