Sign in to follow this  
saguaro

Shipping large parts

saguaro

I thinking of buying a tractor to part out. what do you do when sell an engine or trans and such. Does it have to be on pallets?

Is it worth it.

Advice is always welcome.

Butch

Saguaro there are several people on Ebay that strip tractors down and sell the parts. I've even bought some. I do a lot of shopping on line and on Ebay. UPS isn't cheap like it once was. You can go to Ebay and see what people charge. Most likely the part you are selling will be on there. The Post Office has fixed price priority mail on some of their boxes. You can stuff up to 60 pounds in a box for a set rate. Much much cheaper than UPS and Fedex depending on the weight. I wish more people on Ebay used that method. But you can go to UPS and the Post Office to get a price estimate based on the dimensions and weight and destination. So you will have to take that in to account. Fedex and DHL

might have the same thing. And then you have people on Ebay who charge outrageous amounts for shipping because Ebay doesn't base it's fee on shipping costs. But going to Ebay and looking around will show you alot. Many times the shipping is more than the item. If you decide to buy on Ebay you should set up a

PayPal account. You'll get more business. Ebay has many scammers. People won't wanna send you a money order in fear they will get ripped off.

Have I confused you enough? :hide:

Butch

Butch

Oops I forgot the large parts and pallets. I received my used Wheel Horse

front end plow wrapped together with tape and a piece of cardboard with my address attached. I've ordered tires from Tire Rack and they come just as a tire, unwrapped with a piece of tape also. I have ordered many large things that have come unwrapped. These are UPS deliveries. I don't believe the Post Office will ship like that. I have never received any item on a pallet. But UPS does have size and weight limits. If you need to use Motor Freight that is a whole different

story.

Butch

HorseFixer

I thinking of buying a tractor to part out. what do you do when sell an engine or trans and such. Does it have to be on pallets?

Is it worth it.

Advice is always welcome.

Is the tractor whole? Or is it missing many parts and junk? I hate to see good tractors getting :hide: pimped out! Just my thoughts. Duke

saguaro

I know what your talking about with the over charge with ebay <_<

Keep it coming.

Found an old simplicity and the like, that would only be good for parts.

BairleaFarm

You can ship anything under 70lbs through UPS and USPS and so on. Logistically UPS would probably be your best bet for stuff over 70 lbs. Another option is www.uship.com Ive picked up many a load fromt his site. Its usually not immediate but typically cheaper than traditional shipping.

Nick

I would have to look to be exact but I think UPS delivers up to 150 pounds. But its not cheap.

KyBlue

Dont overlook using greyhound... they are pretty cheap, but there are size limits as to what can fit under that bus...