Sign in to follow this  
KyBlue

Workshop/Storage Thingy Build

Sparky

Mix sand in with the paint you use on your ramp to help with traction when the ramps covered with snow or just slippery from rain water.

I guess nows a good time to make the door wider :hide: .

Mike.........

KyBlue

Nah ill get a smalled blade in the future.. If I would have made the door wider, it would have messed with the whole Modular setup.. Thought about it, decided against it. Knew the blade fitting when angled was a long shot..ah well!

Thanks for the idea on the sand!! Ill Give that a whirl when the weather stays warm enough to paint..

kj4kicks

WoW! Looking nice Scott !If you can get enough swing radius, that blade may still fit. Angle it the other way and steer hard right as the front of the blade goes thru the door.

linen beige
WoW! Looking nice Scott !If you can get enough swing radius, that blade may still fit. Angle it the other way and steer hard right as the front of the blade goes thru the door.

KyBlue

Using E's suggestion (thanks I owe ya a ice Cream!) I managed to get the blade thru the door... But I gotta tell ya...What a PITA. I'll be on the lookout for a 42" sometime Soon. Figure I'll refurbish this one first..

Anyhow, The place looks Smaller when you get a tractor in there... Still gotta account for Stairs, a decent size snap on toolbox (dealer is holding my new one till work settles down) then it'll be a LARGE box... Plus I'll nee storage for Air Compressor, Welder, Torches, Plasma Cutter... you know the big boy toys...

Its gonna fill up fast... Maybe I need to go Bigger!! Another 8 Feet maybe... Hmmmm

Oh I got the Ramp Finished up too. Mitered the last 2x6 so it would not be such a hard edge. Good day considering that I worked from 3am till 1pm ...

I'll get some pics Shortly!

KyBlue

IMG_5759.jpg

IMG_5758.jpg

IMG_5757.jpg

IMG_5756.jpg

IMG_5755.jpg

IMG_5754.jpg

HorseFixer

yeah 10-dash 4 on the bigger thing! :hide: ya never can go big enough! You think yers is looking small, mine will have 14-15 tractors in there along with impliments and parts and stuff All mine is for is storage sure would be nice to have one as a showroom :D but I just dont have that luxury :hide: Good job so far pal keep er going!

KyBlue

There always has to be somebody doesnt there??

I posted my build over on MTF thought maybe somebody else would use the whole modular idea.. anyway It'd been a pretty positive response and a good feeling to read them.. well there is always somebody who's gotta be a :hide: (sorry cant put the words im thinking)

Heres what he was posted... just for your reading.

For a shed it is over built. It is just in the wrong location. Too close to the other structure. Second you should have used T111 for siding. Your siding does not cover the end of the floor sheeting. You will end up with a lot of rot from water damage. It does not matter but the floor sheeting should have been staggered and the large door opening should have been sheeted from the middle out to give it strength. With that said it is very safe they way you built it. A 2x4 will hold 2200 pounds in compression. 1 stud will hold the truss and roofing up. A shed does not need a double plate on top. There is not enough weigh on on the top plate to matter. When building if the rafter does not fall over the stud you need a double plate to hold the load. The double plate is not only for strength but it helps keep the wall streight. Typical redneck shed. Just rap it with tar paper and you can call it finished.

Duff

Dang, Scott! Remind me to keep a whole lotta cyberspace between me and MTF! That's just plain rude! :D

Hey, WE think you've done a good job, eh boys?

Duff :hide:

KyBlue

Most everybody over there has had good stuff to say, and as much as I read over there... Ive not really seen that much negative rude BS over there... Ah well. Only takes one to ruin it..

Butch

I just went over to MTF to see your thread. A Moderator must have removed his comment because it wasn't there.

KyBlue

They did. Got a few PMS from moderators over there actually. I asked them to delete his post, and all others related to it (cause a few others chimed in telling him what a Azz he was..)

KyBlue

Finally...a Update!! Haha

Got the rafters up, need to trim the tails off thou, didnt notice how bad they stuck out before we put them up... Oh well, wont take alot just a lil bit with the saw.. long as I dont fall off we'll be good! Hhaha

IMG_5850.jpg

IMG_5849.jpg

IMG_5848.jpg

bk-scouter

Looking good Scott ! :drool: I don't know if you had already mentioned it before and I missed the post, but to me it looks like your roof trusses are designed for storage space up there. If so, awesome idea! Keep up the good work... :omg:

-BK

jusjeepn

It's been a long winter hasn't it Scott? I bet you glad to be able to get back to work on this and get it done! It's looking really good! Your loft should be able to hold a ton of spare parts. You might even have to cut a door in the end of the loft and install a transome so you can get the heavy parts up there too!

Duff

Looking good, Scott! Keep it up! :drool:

Duff :omg:

Nick

The rafters give a whole new perspective to things, that has some size to it! :omg: Looks like you should have some storage space up there.

KyBlue

Thanks for the kind words all...

Yep It's got a loft... and those Friggin Trusses (the gable end ones anyhow) weigh a TON!!! LoL

Next will be the stairs for goin up.... fixin the Rafter tails... fun stuff!!!!

HorseFixer

Looks good pal! :omg:

d180man

Hi looks good to me ! :omg: nice job ! we hope to make one next month a 10x16 or 12x16 or 12x20 on 6x6 skids but goo work keep it up! :drool:

bustedglass

WOW :drool: . That is one HEAVY DUTY building. Great job, Great Horse Stable :omg: .

KyBlue

Its been awhile since I've done an update... well its been awhile since Ive had any time to put in on this... But I did manage to get a bit done here and there...

Still have a bit more to do on the roof... But its getting closer. The top section is done and papered.. Still have the lower sections to do, need to trim up a bit more plywood to finish em off, then they can get papered too!

Oh, the loft is done, and stairs are up as well - its not perfect... I probably should have used pre made trusses instead of building em, dont know if it was the sitting for months before putting em up, or sitting after they got put up, but they have twisted and moved on us... So nothing is perfect anymore... Oh well...

IMG_5895.jpg

IMG_5894.jpg

IMG_5893.jpg

IMG_5892.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

HorseFixer

Looks good! :drool: Geter Done! :omg: