Sign in to follow this  
KyBlue

Workshop/Storage Thingy Build

KyBlue

David, ya put some tiny friggin wheels on that thing!! Ah well - they'll work fer now

I like the idea of putting the felt or tar paper under the wood against the block - Might just use some thick plastic.

Im hopin the weather this weekend gets better than they are predicting...they said the four letter white bad word... BRR!

Butch = while PT wouldve been nice, im doing this on a very very very tight budget, so when I move in the next year or so, I'll either replace the bottom sections with PT at that time if its showing rot... or if its not, then give it another good sealing and let it go.

Thanks for the words of caution thou

BairleaFarm

I didnt say you were getting nay wheel;s but I woul;dnt do that to ya. Little wheels are better than no wheels :hide:

KyBlue

Actually you did say that youd put some wheels on it to at least make it a roller... little works!

Stigian

Good to read another workshop build Scott :hide:

Cant wait to see how it turns out

KyBlue

Thanks Ian ... I threw the 'thingy' in there just for all your different projects and posts Ive read...

I wish It wasnt raining/snowing this weekend so I could get back to work on it, this being gone all week stinks!

HorseFixer

Scott yeah I know what ya mean! As soon as I get the garage cleaned out and I get all the tractors outta my stable and in the nice warm garage I will hafta be in the stable myself for a few days freeezin my azz off :hide: wiring & insulating it. Once I get that far along I will cut my doorway into the garage at that point I will get some of that heat in there! :hide:

I am :imstupid: Instead of camping and screwing around with that Motor Home late summer, I shoulda been doing what I'm doing now! :D now I'm in a rush to get this clean up done before it gets really cold! Oh well everything is a process I guess. :omg:

Duff

Hey, Duke...no rocks gonna get thrown from this direction, buddy. I've been dinkin' around all summer with projects and putting off replacing the stove pipe on the wood stove in my workshop so I can work out there this winter. 'Course now we've got snow flurries and it's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey, NOW I decide to replace the pipe! :imstupid: :imstupid: :imstupid:

Getting older sure as h*ll doesn't seem to have made me any smarter! :D

Duff :hide:

KyBlue

We Finally had a good weekend - thou Ive had a killer toothache since Wed AM (try driving 8 hrs w/ a REALLY bad toothache and no Radio :D )

Anyway It got dark before I could get photos, but the floor is done (still have to get it all screwed down) and two of the wall sections are up.

Its supposed to rain tomorrow :hide: but Ill get some pictures anyway, hopefully I can get another wall section or two or three done.

I gotta say that doing this using a circular saw and a hammer...well sucks. using a Air Nailer and a Miterbox would be so much faster!! Ah we'll ... it'll get done...The Hard part (the floor) Is done so hooray! :banana:

Time for some :omg: and :hide:

BairleaFarm

How come you didnt mention the pink walls? :hide:

KyBlue

Dont make me hurt you boy! :horseplay: :hide:

HorseFixer

Hey, Duke...no rocks gonna get thrown from this direction, buddy. I've been dinkin' around all summer with projects and putting off replacing the stove pipe on the wood stove in my workshop so I can work out there this winter. 'Course now we've got snow flurries and it's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey, NOW I decide to replace the pipe! :imstupid: :imstupid: :imstupid:

Getting older sure as h*ll doesn't seem to have made me any smarter! :D

Duff :hide:

Duff: Yeah I see ya got The Ole' DUKE by about 7 years! :D 10-dash 4 on the smarter thingy! I dont even have the head gasket replaced on my Toro yet! My excuse there is gotta get the shop all cleaned out to geter done! :omg: And incidetially the garage Shop clean up is comming along quite nicely I might add :hide: It's been like Christmas early cause when I open boxes Iv'e found tools that I have long since forgotten about or thought were lost!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: I should have pictures tomarrow and it's gonna knock yer socks off!

4star keep on truckin brother on yer storage facility and when the chips get down and yer like Duff says when yer nutts are colder than the brass monkeys just think about one thing! Things can be a hellofa lot worse! Think how fortunate we are to be able to do all we can do and enjoy this WH hobby of ours just think of the herds we all have and what we can accomplish! Some guys our age are in wheel chairs and all broken up and cant do **** do to health reasons! We are truely the fortunate ones! :omg:

KyBlue

Update.. Im not good at the story line like Ian is, so..ill settle for putting up the pictures.

IMG_5576.jpg

IMG_5577.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5580.jpg

I got a very good friend of mine to come down from Cincinnati and spend the weekend working on My workshop.. Yesterday was spent as a truck club meet ..

IMG_5572.jpg

And today thanks to his help, and determination.. we managed to get three of the four Walls up..Whew What a day! im ready to :D and :hide:

Nick

Nice pics and it looks like the workshop/storage thingy is coming along good. :hide:

HorseFixer

Good job scott! :hide: Looks like she is comming along quite nicely! Wont be long before them ponies will be worked on inside! :D

BairleaFarm

Looking good Scott

pond195520032003

coming right along Scott :hide:

KyBlue

Well In honor of Christmas, I spent the day doing some carpentry!!

Here's progress pics, gotta get the ramp done tomorrow before I go out of town

For the bad news... I have Carpal Tunnel in both wrists (Ive had it since HS) and after nailing on those three sheets of Plywood...I cant hold a hammer. Had to finish the last half of the last sheet using my right hand.. you know how hard it is to hammer with the OTHER hand?? Ah well...I gotta get a pneumatic Nailer...

The Good news.. Im ready to start the roof!!

IMG_5611.jpg

IMG_5613.jpg

Butch

4Star I just bought a Porter Cable air hammer this week but haven't used it yet. I'm remodeling 2 bathrooms and bought it to use where I can't use an ordinary hammer. They had a good rating so I hope it does what I need it for.

Are your roof rafters going on the side walls or front and back walls? The reason I ask is because your door header is not a weight bearing header. You would have needed to double up those 2x4s and have the header lay on top of the two inner 2x4s.

kj4kicks

Looks good so far Scott. Nice job !

Can't wait to see the finished product.

KyBlue

Thanks E.. be a couple weeks prolly. Im going out of town tomorrow, we'll see how much $$ I spend..

Butch, you'll be looking and the end of the Truss, So It'll be the side to side (the door is on the end). It'll have a 2x6 over the end wall, so it should be okay. Now the Side Walls, the window(s) Got the doubled up 2x4..

Cant wait to get the roof on!!

KyBlue

A bit more progress to report. Spent the day working on the Ramp, did a fair amount of head scratching. Ive done a Few Ramps in the past, this is the first one that Ive done at a angle... Fun Fun!

Now for the bad news...the Friggin Snow blade I've got, WONT FIT THRU THE DOOR!!! ARGH!!! LOL

Actually I knew it was a longshot as its a 54" Blade and only a 48" door. I was hoping, with the blade angled, that it'd fit thru, But alas..I was wrong.

Oh, I was a few 2x6's treads short, so I used some of the trimmings to get the tractor up on the ramp.. It IS NOT staying that way.

Onto the Pics!

IMG_5747.jpg

IMG_5753.jpg

IMG_5752.jpg

Duff

Scott, I think the "sawtooth" effect on the edges of the ramp looks really cool! :hide:

You gonna stain it or just put the water seal to it and let it weather naturally? :hide:

Duff :D

BairleaFarm

Looks great. I bet your excited about having an inside place to work. Too bad about the blade.

HorseFixer

Looking good Scott I Know Yer Pain! :D Keep Up The Good Work And At The Blink Of An eYe the shop will be complete! :hide:

KyBlue

Thanks all... Duff - Painted probably.