Sign in to follow this  
CasualObserver

Air powered car

CasualObserver

Anybody else see this one? Buy a couple and you could joke with the neighbor about your nice "Tata's" !!

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/artic...erica%27s-Roads :banghead:

Jim_M

I saw that this morning.

If they prove to be dependable I wouldn't mind having one to drive back and forth to work. I could always wear a ski mask so nobody would recognize me.

linen beige

Salesman at front door: "Pardon me son, is your daddy home by chance?"

Little johhny: "No sir, he's down the street pumpin' up ol' lady Smith's Tata." :banghead:

Rollerman

Okay...how do you get in...through the back? :banghead:

Be interesting to see what kind of "green" truck & cars will be introduced in say the next 10 years.

CasualObserver

Okay...how do you get in...through the back? :hide:

I"m guessing Duke style through the portholes? :D

mcwh1950

yea once the wind hit it ,, it will be a air car

saguaro

Reminds me of a hamster cage or a pencil sharpener :hide:

Curmudgeon

Did I read that right? You burn fuel in one engine, to compress air into a tank, to blow it through another engine. With all that mechanical loss, they could double the mileage again if they just burned the fuel in the second engine. Course, you would lose the plug it in the wall option.

To me, it makes more sense to make an electric car. Plug that in the wall, but have a small engine/generator that runs when, and only when, the charge is low. That would be a much more efficient hybrid than the complicated things they make now. Especially if you put a little solar panel on the roof. No, that wouldn't keep the car going, but it would reduce the recharge need.

Now if you really want an air driven car, just get yourself a politician, and, well, I think you know there'll be plenty of hot air...................

Teddy da Bear

Not to sound too negative. I think it is an innovative idea....but I perceive some problems.

I know they can go faster on highways....but if expected to "cruise" around town at 35mph (in order to be most efficient) they will need their own driving lane as they will be impeding other traffic. Not likely they will be kept to 35mph.....but I wonder what the mileage is if they drive at the various city speeds we drive today?

And what about a crash? I would not want that compressed air tank to rupture suddenly.....it would be like a bomb going off.

And it looks like a small gust of wind could blow it over with that tall-thin profile. Of course I could be seeing it from the wrong angle.

Looks like a wedge of swiss cheese gone bad (green) :hide:

saguaro

I think the gas engine is for a secondary onboard comepressor to refill the tank every 60 miles. 106 mpg :hide:

Or when your out of compressad air the main engine/compressor then is used as a combustion engine and small secondary compressor fills the tank while driving?

HorseFixer

Ive seen those on the net and have done some reading on those. Neat concept!