Docwheelhorse

Watch this video about the Element V by General Transmission

Docwheelhorse

Hello all,

a neighbor down the street called and said there --automatic-- foot pedal operated Ariens lawn tractor (2013) wouldn't move... the guy offered me a near 0 hour 13hp Honda horizontal to look at it/fix it. Well the motor got me all excited so I bit and took the bait. Well I come to find out that the cam that operates this transaxle breaks all the time. I found his broke and am now researching how it comes apart etc....

But heres a video from the manufacturer screaming from the hilltops that this 5/8" axle ALL PLASTIC gearbox is the strongest trans out there--an exact quote from the video is "ITS AS STRONG AS A TANK"

LMFAO!!!!!  take a look . Trans is a CVT and is called the Element V by General Transmission (China?????) Sparky looked at it and shook his head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ji3meow2bw

Good Grief.... heres a link to the repair videos furnished by THE FACTORY.... look at the one for the 800 series which is what I'm working on. I'm gonna cry.... how do I do this with the trans IN THE TRACTOR.  

http://www.generaltransmissions.com/en/service-parts/

Tony

Edited by Docwheelhorse

Racinbob

Shouldn't this have been posted in the 'funnies' section? :laughing-rofl: Every part on that thing looks cheap. from what I found they have factories in Mexico, France and China.

I hope you can do something with it so you get the engine. :)

• Like 1

Sparky

I don't get why your doing maintenance on it....right there at 1:15 on the You-Tube video it clearly states "NO MAINTENANCE".

:ychain:

Mike..............

ericj

should i replace the eaton 1100 in my 520 with one of these it's suppose to be the toughest ever built     :hide:  :ROTF:

eric j

• Like 1

woodchuckfarmer

Ive never seen plastic shrapnel. Like to see it in a pullin tractor.

Rick_in_CT

Wow, how many milk containers do you have to recycle to make one of these transmissions?  I guess you could always put it in the bottle crusher at the grocery store when your done with it.

• Like 2

Docwheelhorse

Update.... General Transmission told me they know of the issue with it breaking. But that they will not and don't intend to cover it as a warranty OR ship me the parts and tool to do it myself. They did give me the part numbers and the warehouse phone number to PURCHASE the parts.

So..... I called Ariens which is the brand name of the tractor (it says made by Husqvarna / Advanced Yard Products  on a sticker under the seat). They said they know of the issue and they offered to cover the full repair if I could bring it to an authorized repair facility. I said sure no prob and they tell me the repair facility is about 10 miles away. At least Ariens stepped up and took care of the issue---I bet they won't be using this Chinese POS for long or have already gone back to Peerless with the aluminum units...

My neighbor is thrilled to pieces and said I could have the Honda engine anyways for doing the homework for him. Yippeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! a 390 cc Honda OHV Horizontal

Tony

• Like 1

Rick_in_CT

Boy Tony, you really "stepped in it" with this one, and you come out smelling like a rose!!

You are Teflon Tony