Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Garage/Workshop Section?

Rollerman

Edit (This thread & idea was Scott's "4StarCstms" & want to make sure he gets the credit.)

I moved his initial post back to the sugestions area & we can continue on with this thread here in the non tractor area...Thanks Scott. :banghead:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6185

Actually sounds like you have a good idea Scott! :USA:

We could use it to talk about shop buildups, who has the most messy :omg: , or even homebuilt shop tools like Mike's "sorkiwi's" electrolysis tank or a homebuilt sandblast cabinet like Steve's "refracman".

KyBlue

Exactly.. I spent some time over on MTF browsing theirs.. and on Garage Journal .. man those folks have some KILLER garages!!

Ill be building a 12x16 in the next couple weeks... Im hoping to do like E did..step by Step just on a smaller scale and without the whole building inspector thing..

Maybe Coach will like the idea.

Rideawaysenior

I think I can take the prize for the messiest. If there are worse then mine I would be quite suprised. LOL I go out there and feel like this :banghead::omg::USA: :thumbs:

Rollerman

I think my would be a strong contendor for messiest.

Atleast I don't have a rodent problem...the spiders eat them.

BairleaFarm

Mine is so messy i have now taken over the driveway. :banghead:

Rideawaysenior

A close tie perhaps LOL. I'm working on making it cleaner though. WInter is coming and I'll be needing the space to do some horsey work. I travel alot in the "non snowing season" for work but sort of lay low in the winter which is when I spend most of my time in the garage.

Once I get off the stice and finish the D200 tranny swap and roll that out, the D250 will be next to finish as I now have all the parts I need. I'm hoping to get that done soon because I picked up a plow for it and an excited to try it out.

BairleaFarm

Ive actully been working on mine. My goal is to have the rest of the stuff in the garage by next weekend. :banghead: If we had a shop section we could be talking about this there

Rideawaysenior

Well, lets talk to the Nylyon and see what his thoughts are.

Brrly1

Hey Stephen You don't call, you don't write and you already have to know that nobody could even touch my garage as far as being the messiest, Bar None!! I know that Steve will back me up on that one for sure. But one just never knows what might happen very soon in the garage from

H_ _ _. See Ya Bye Burly

:banghead::USA: :omg:

Nick

Ah ha a contest I might win. This messiest shop prize shale be mine. :horseplay:

It does sound like a good idea for a separate section . Shop builds, storage projects plus the new and home built tool information. :banghead:

HorseFixer

I think my would be a strong contendor for messiest.

Atleast I don't have a rodent problem...the spiders eat them.

Bull Crap!!! Dont even go there Steven! :USA: You have seen mine and you know what you said something as I recall like HOLY CHIT :omg: Well I need to take some before and after pictures anyways count me in! :banghead:

Duke

linen beige

:banghead: You mean y'all have shops? I have a couple rooms in my basement that are so crowded I can't get a whole 'Horse inside at once. Six of my tractors and except for two decks all my impliments are sitting outside, taking up so much room I have most of my cars parked in the woods behind my parents house. Come to think of it I have so much stuff at their house my dad had to build another building for his stuff since mine took up all the room in the other four buildings. My little metal storage shed has rounded walls from all the shi, er, stuff packed into it. I don't have a critter problem 'cause they all ran off screaming the last time I opened the door and gave them an out. But... there is hope. I'm closing in on the last couple rooms of my remodel/reconstruction to my house and when (read IF) I can ever get done, I should have some working room.

jerrell

:omg: i think we need a contest!!!!!! I'll put mine up, i have a 3 sided shop witht the front open, 24 x 36 with 6 worktables in it, 3 , 12 foot bays, and my tools are scattered on all tables, spend half of my time going from table to table, also each table has a different project on it. right now i have 2 tables with newly painted GT parts laying out , the paint needs to dry at least two weeks , huh, :thumbs:

my wife and son and daughterr cleaned it up this past summer, tools all together and sockets in place, electric cords rolled up, air hose straighten out, everthing in place,,,,EXCEPT when i went back out there i couldn't find a $@@@# thing :banghead::USA: got it back in shape now ... i told them i would spray paint them with green paint if they ever did that again... got so much junk inside can't move around without weaving aroun motor hoist, washer, cement mixer, fridge, of course my easy chair, and coffee table, and tv, gun safe, welder, cutting torch, parts bin,stored lumber, stored steel, and of course blocks, ramps, floor jacks, sandblaster and just to much to mention, this is a word of caution,,,,no matter how big a shop you have it is a magnet, it will collect stuff, sometimes i find stuff i don't even remember where it came from...

we should post some pics.....jerry

CHARGER9AUTO

Ive been poking around on some other sites, and alot of them have a seperate section for garage and workshop related stuff..

Personally, I really enjoyed following E's garage buildup and Stigs workshack Extension..

Might be neat to see where everybody does their Horse work.. Ya never know what you might see that somebody else has done that would make your workshop more organized or something.

Just a thought!

Scott, I work on my Wheel Horse's in the Grey Garage with Blue trim . I change the engine oil the tractors I use for work replace worn out spark plugs with new ones myself Dad rebuilds the motors for me and I help him . Ben :horseplay:

HorseFixer

Okay here it is a mess of a lifetime :USA: gotta move stuff outta the way to get anything in! lets see ya beat this!! :banghead:

Cheers Duke

nAsTygArAgE001.jpg

nAsTygArAgE002.jpg

nAsTygArAgE004.jpg

nAsTygArAgE005.jpg

nAsTygArAgE009.jpg

nAsTygArAgE010.jpg

Sparky

Umm...well I thought about gettin in on the "Messiest Garage/Workshop Ever Contest" but after seein yours Duke.......I'm out! :banghead:

Mike..............

refracman

Well, Ive been to Stephens place and alltough packed cant really call it messy. Been to Nicks and another packed garage still not messy. I would have to say Dukes is messy but still useable.

But John's is messy and unuseable. Cant even call it a garage as there is to much stuff every where and every where too much stuff, its stacked up to ceiling and unorginized. I can say this as Ive been it and almost got lost :thumbs: not once but a couple of times and its only a 24 x 20 and the garage door was open

:omg::banghead:.

I do like to have stuff orginized, mostly cause I forget where I put stuff and I do hate working in a mess. ( note to self theres a couple of leafs that blew in must sweep ) but I'm not O. C. about it ( must sweep) really I'm not.( MUST sweep) :USA:

T-Mo

Not even close, Duke. I can still see the floor. :banghead:

Nick

May have cost myself the title because I did clean the garage a couple times this summer. Must have hauled around 1,000 pounds of scrap plus another 10 or 12 bags of junk out for garbage. But I think the workbench alone should be worth bonus points. :banghead:

Also have a video tour :USA:Messy garage video link

dirtygarage001.jpg

dirtygarage005.jpg

There is a work bench under there. :omg:

dirtygarage007.jpg

dirtygarage008.jpg

dirtygarage011.jpg

KyBlue

I think there is a new leader in the messy garage contest! haha Dang nick!! lol

BairleaFarm

omg!

Jim_M

I should have taken a picture of my garage before I cleaned it out this summer. I would have won hands down. I had a car and a truck in there that you couldn't even get to.

A couple of you guys were in there and know what I'm talking about.

I'm pretty proud of myself now, you can walk around evrything and get to everything now.

Brrly1

Nope !!! You guys can't even touch this!! And no I am not proud of it either but it is basically a disaster area. Maybe I can have it proclaimed that way and get some federal help for another garage or addition to this one? Isn't daydreaming just so special. Well I will go out open garage and snap a picture and really hope that you guys are sitting down when you look at these because you will undoubtly will fall over laughing. See Ya Bye Burly :banghead::USA: :omg:

KyBlue

Brrly .. we'll try to keep the laughter to a minimum..