Digger 66

Snowblower carb help ?

Digger 66

If this is not in the correct area , Mods please relocate .

Following the carburetor settings in the original (1966 ) owners manual setting the idle mixture & "power-needle" at the recommended settings , the engine won't even start let alone run .

This is an original , never apart 1966 Tecumseh 6 horse .

She's recently begun to pop a little every so often & surges slightly .

I already know what all are going to say , REBUILD THE CARB , DUM-DUM !

I already have the rebuild kit , new float & o-ring on my kitchen table , but it's going to be a high of 2 * tomorrow & was hoping for an easy / quick fix .

Call me wishful ... . .

IMG_1312_zpspbv1moqg.jpg  

JimD

If this blower has set for quite awhile, it sounds like the float could be stuck. There should be a needle above the float that opens and closes flow to the bowl. Pictures of the carb would help. I'm sure more knowledgeable folks will be along to share more info with you. :)

oldlineman

I would try some seafome or like carb cleaner, may just with some run time clean out the gum in carb and give you time later to rebuild carb when weather is better. Just my  :twocents-02cents:  Bob

squonk

Prolly has a bunch of crud/water in the bowl and this old Tecky is trying to run on that. Does the bowl have one of those drain button thingy's? I had a Crapsman blower with a Tecky and if that thing sat for 2 weeks you had to drain the carb!  :rolleyes: I vote for a new carb off of e bay instead of rebuilding it.

• Like 1

wheel-mule

Remove the float bowl and clean it.Than on the on the needle that holds the bowl to the carb is a very small hole at the top end of the threads.Run a small wire through the hole to clean it out.This is a very small hole you may have a hard time finding it.put it back together and it should run,should be no need to rebuild.Tecumseh carbs are not hard to work on if you know what your doing,lots of people have no idea what there doing and give Tecumseh a bad name.PM me if you have any questions

Digger 66

Remove the float bowl and clean it.Than on the on the needle that holds the bowl to the carb is a very small hole at the top end of the threads.Run a small wire through the hole to clean it out.This is a very small hole you may have a hard time finding it.put it back together and it should run,should be no need to rebuild.Tecumseh carbs are not hard to work on if you know what your doing,lots of people have no idea what there doing and give Tecumseh a bad name.PM me if you have any questions

Will do , Thank you .