Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

Brrrrrrr it is cold....

jerrell

:banghead: sitting in my easy chair playing on the pc and watching the news, fox of course, and outside it is 45 degrees, on TV they are showing a newsperson in PA, standing outside and it is really snowing like *^^^, BOY if i was 20 years younger i would like to be there but now i don;t want that white stuff around..

made a trip to Albany NY many years ago in the winter and got to play on a snowmobile and thought it was the greatest of fun, but now i just as soon sit in a warm place

Nick

About the same here today. 41 and breezy so it feels like 33, to cold and its still October. :banghead:

We are trying a pellet stove this year. Cats like it. :USA:

th_85431e4a.jpg

Stigian

Its getting a bit cold in my neck of the woods as well, the temp in the workshack first thing this morning was 2'c er.. just over 30'f?

Tonight is going to be even colder with maybe (just maybe) the odd flake of sleet on snow about tomorrow :banghead:

I want lots of snow for playing with the snowplow :USA:

Anyway, this is what the field looked like this morning, all white and crispy..

100_5178.jpg

Stigian

Just been looking at the BBC news website, snow in Scotland and in Spain :USA:

Ok, whats going on with this weather, and are we in for an early and bad winter everywhere :banghead:

Butch

Its getting a bit cold in my neck of the woods as well, the temp in the workshack first thing this morning was 2'c er.. just over 30'f?

Tonight is going to be even colder with maybe (just maybe) the odd flake of sleet on snow about tomorrow :banghead:

I want lots of snow for playing with the snowplow :USA:

Anyway, this is what the field looked like this morning, all white and crispy..

100_5178.jpg

Here is how to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit.

Take the temperature and double it.

Then subtract 10% from that total.

Then add 32.

10+10= 20

20-2 =18

18+32=50 degrees fahrenheit.

10 degrees celsius = 50 degrees fahrenheit

Just some trivia I had to use when I worked!!

sorekiwi

Here is how to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit.

Take the temperature and double it.

Then subtract 10% from that total.

Then add 32.

10+10= 20

20-2 =18

18+32=50 degrees fahrenheit.

10 degrees celsius = 50 degrees fahrenheit

Just some trivia I had to use when I worked!!

My version's a bit easier mentally

Convert deg F to deg C: subtract 32 and halve it

50 F - 32 = 18 18 / 2 = 9 C

KyBlue

Sittin at thirty Nine here currently... Ran all day, dont think the temp got much out of the middle 40s all day..

saguaro

We had our first freeze last nite high 60's all day. :banghead:

Rod(NASNUT)

We are trying a pellet stove this year. Cats like it.

Nick I have had my pellet stove for about 10 or 12 years and I would not do without it :banghead: I can heat my place with about 3 to 4 ton a year :banana: Christmas12.jpg

CasualObserver

Yep, I'll agree I think it's going to be a bad winter. We had our first measurable snow on Sunday, and up around Fargo they had 3 inches on the ground. Didn't stick around, but it was there. I had to turn on the heat in the garage. Supposed to be mid-high 50s by the weekend though, then get cold again after that.

baerpath

Well we got no snow here, but 43 miles away at my mothers she got 14inches last night. In Munnsville NY Makes me glad I moved :banghead:

Duane

HorseFixer

Well we got 3 inches monday night it didn't last long tuesday it will be 28 deg here tonight but its suppose to warm up on friday! This is the earliest year that I can remember it snowing in a long time! Maybe its the shape of things to come this year but I hope not! I'm getting to old for this chit. :banghead:

Cheers Duke

Nick

Rod, Thats a real nice looking pellet insert. We have a small Harman rated 43K BTU that so far is keeping things warm. The old house has no wall insulation and original leaky windows. Like David Ive been putting plastic over them trying to keep things a bit tighter this year. Our plan is to keep as much of the $2.79/gal. propane in the tank as possible. Ended up with 5 tons of pellets before they went up so we should be all set. :banghead:

Wow 14" and 3" of snow already! Can always hope for a warm winter I guess.

Rod(NASNUT)

:USA: Nick Like I said I burn about 3 to 4 ton a year at $208.00 a ton not bad :banghead:

Duff

Rod, Thats a real nice looking pellet insert. We have a small Harman rated 43K BTU that so far is keeping things warm. The old house has no wall insulation and original leaky windows. Like David Ive been putting plastic over them trying to keep things a bit tighter this year. Our plan is to keep as much of the $2.79/gal. propane in the tank as possible. Ended up with 5 tons of pellets before they went up so we should be all set. :lol:

Wow 14" and 3" of snow already! Can always hope for a warm winter I guess.

Geez, Nick, $2.79 a gallon? I prebought propane at $3.34 and thought I was getting a deal. Wow! :banghead:

Got wood as back up and around here it's pushing $300 a cord. :thumbs:

Not much insulation in my old shack, either, but I was able to scrape together enough funds to replace the windows with double panes a few years ago. Doos, on the other hand, are another story. Tractor...doors...tractor parts...doors.....put on another sweater! Yep! :omg:

Duff :USA:

saguaro

$300 a cord :USA::omg:

I thought a $100 was bad thats delivered.

Sorry thats a rick :banghead:

jerrell

:banghead: :USA::omg::thumbs: Are you guy's kidding!!!!! 300.00 for a cord of wood,, man these people around here would get rich,,,,,,, i see in the paper wood for 75.00 a cord delivered.. and i thought that was high...WoW....... :lol: