Deer Whisperer

Mother Nature

Deer Whisperer

This happened a couple years ago when we had a slow winter thaw. This lean to roof was metal and this process took over a week to happen as it only slid a inch or two daily. Usually when snow comes off a metal roof it is all at once. Just thought this was worth sharing. Deer Whispererpost-14275-0-40761300-1424394266_thumb.j

• Like 8

Sparky

Awesome pic!!

Mother nature is amazing.

Mike..........

squonk

Cool! I get smaller versions of that off the roof of my garage. By the way, what's a thaw?  :confusion-confused:  :)

baerpath

Cool! I get smaller versions of that off the roof of my garage. By the way, what's a thaw?  :confusion-confused:  :)

That's that warm weather they say will come next month or later in May

Zeek

Winter sucks  :confusion-waiting:   Although I believe I could have some fun with that backhoe  :auto-swerve:

Deer Whisperer

For all you southern boys I will give you our Northern meaning  of a "THAW" . It  happens when the temperture gets above 32 degrees from June 21st. until September 1st. if we don't get any snow which is possible. I remember in the 60 's when it snowed on the 4th. of July parade. 27 below zero this morning but we are lacking snow . We only have about 16 inches , seems it all is going south of us.

Digger 66

27 below zero this morning but we are lacking snow 

Was -14 here @ 5:30 am & we have gobs of snow  :)

wallfish

Here's another cool pic that was on the net.

post-658-0-37957300-1424467671_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

squonk

I've heard of "Thaws" but they were a long tome ago!  :)

Edited by squonk

boovuc

I'm really getting tired of this "every weekend snow storm" crap! I remember telling my much better half that "I wished we would get some more snow" after the new year. We didn't have but a few inches on the ridges, (our mountains), and a good snow pack helps keep the native trout streams supplied later into the Spring and Summer.

Well..............in some places, I have three foot drifts making getting to camp almost impossible. The snow ruts of other trucks makes getting out of their tracks a real treat and when you do get out of the packed tire tracks, your truck sinks to the floorboards. My February trout fishing is impossible because even I'm not stupid enough to try to fish in these wind-chills. 

We aren't anything like New England or the Buffalo areas where there is no place to put the stuff, but I should be more careful in what I wish for. I saw that Jeep ice picture earlier. That is strange how the snow comes off that roof. A miniature glacier!

Stigian

Fantastic photo :thumbs:

Digger 66

The snow ruts of other trucks makes getting out of their tracks a real treat and when you do get out of the packed tire tracks, your truck sinks to the floorboards.

:techie-eureka:                                  ---Solution---                       :)

boovuc

Thanks, Digger! Now I only need about 5 to 10k $$$ to put tracks on my Colorado!   :happy-jumpeveryone:

953 nut

post-8798-0-30494400-1424654684.jpg

Any Questions!    :ROTF: