Sign in to follow this  
bustedglass

It sure is GOOD to be back, and HERE...

bustedglass

Hi All,

Yes, it sure is GOOD to be back, and HERE. For those of you that don't know, and for those of you that do, I have had past open heart surgery, that left me with a condition known as Congestive Heart Failure. And from time to time, that condition causes my lungs, and the area surounding my heart to fill up with fluid, causing me not being able to breath.

Usualy, a trip to the hospital, and a short stay with treatment, and I am able to go home. Well on Sept. 26, my heart decided another trip was need. But this time it turned out to be a little more serious. After my heart had another Congestive Failure attack, my heart stopped. The emergency room doctor had to shock my heart with the paddles to get it going again. Thanks be to God, and all involved, my heart started beating again.

But, I developed pneumonia, then a condition known as Sepsis, which is a very deadly condition. I was in the hospital this time for 17 days, 7 of those being on a ventilator, and other life support as required. At one point, my family was told that I might not make it.

But, because of the prayers from a lot of loving people, here I am. I am still very weak, and will require a lot of therapy to get back to where I was, or close to it, but I am back ........

I have a lot of catching up to do on Red Square, but I have a lot of time to do it. I got my little B211-3 running like new before I got sick, and that 15.5hp. that my good neighbor put in it, is STRONG ......... The 414-8 that I picked up, will have to wait till Spring, to start restoring. And by the grace of God, and the power of prayer, I will be here to do it.

Well I did not want to ramble, but ramble I did. For those that made it to the end of this post, and to all that kept me in their prayers, I just want to say Hi again, and it sure is GOOD to be back, and HERE ... Wheel Horse, and Red Square forever .

KyBlue

Well, while I knew nothing about your ordeal, I must say that its great that your still here, and that you are able and wanting to get back onto RS!

C-Series14

Glad to have ya back...take care! :banghead:

BairleaFarm

Glad your ok :banghead:

saguaro

Nice to say Hi to you. Glad your back and let you know your not alone on the heart thing. Dont push to hard in the garage. :banghead:

Rod(NASNUT)

:USA: Welcome back to RS :banghead:

perry

Well I did not want to ramble, but ramble I did.

hey mike, ramble away. :USA: . glad to see you back posting and we are praying for a speedy recovery :banghead: .

bell

Glad you're back here..... Take care of yourself....

nylyon

Mike it's good to see you back, although I've been missing myself my troubles seem small when put into perspective. Glad you're back, and I hope that you don't have any more occurances!

Karl

Duff

Glad to see you back Mike! And Faith is something many of us, myself included, tend to underestimate when it comes to how we make it through this life. Your post tells me you've given credit where credit is due.

Each day will get better, 'cuz Someone is watching over you! He didn't let you check out because it wasn't your time - and we're awful glad you're back among us!

Best always,

Duff :banghead:

MaineDad

As everyone else has said, welcome back! Sometimes having a passion, like WH's helps pass those long term recoveries. All the best.

Stigian

Welcome back Mike, glad your on the mend :banghead:

kj4kicks

Glad to have you back with us Mike !

bowtieguy

Mike....just a quick "Good to see ya back"....and I can identify with everything you are saying ...yep I got a "zipper" in my chest about 12 weeks ago and can tell ya that it takes a while to recover....BUT thinkin' about faded red stuff really helps to pass the time away....I like to start with little things like Kevins alum tread plate add ons....something that is fun to do and does not take a couple months to finish it, it ya know what I mean.

Remember, keep smilin'....it makes em' wonder what you are up to next!!! :banghead:

Brrly1

Mike I really can't say anymore than what has already been said. It's actually kind of scary as it is nothing as major as what has happened to you but it made me nervous was a heart catherization. I hope everything is good for you and like Bowtie said Just keep on smiling. Good Luck John :banghead::USA:

P.S. A lil' whistlin' is not bad either

CasualObserver

Glad you're ok, Mike. Rest up, your horse need you around for a long time! :USA:

And John's right... a little :banghead: never hurt anybody!