RMCIII

Some Kind of Stupid!

RMCIII

I can't make this stuff up..... It is just not possible.... So I took my chipper/shredder to my small engine repair man that has a shop about 5 blocks away from where I live.. I pull in with the chipper/shredder and see a Kawasaki Mojave 250 sitting in his shop. I also see that the pull starter is off, crank shaft sensor is covered in oil, and oil is dripping out. I looked at him and said, "Well that's no good, what the heck happened?" He chuckles and said "Some kind of Stupid". The 4 wheeler is owned by a parent of a rebellious teenage son. Well, the story goes like this.

The son and his friend came home to find no one at his house.. The friend said let's go 4-wheeling... The son had the right answer to begin with. No, that is my dad’s. Well, I guess the friend finally got his way and talked the son into taking the 4 wheeler out.. The friend was driving. According to my buddy, he only used the shifter 1 time, to go from 1st, to 2nd, where it stayed the rest of the time. They ran the 4 wheeler wide open in 2nd gear for what was estimated about 20 to 25 minutes. At which time, the engine started getting extremely hot! So, the friend decides to take it back to the house, shut it off, and check the oil level. Well, unfortunately the cap he removed was the little black cap that sits on the pull starter cover. They look in and see no oil. They  proceed to dump a quart of oil into the plug. Feeling happy about their discovery they wait another 15 minutes or so, before they try to start it again... Time passes and they try to start it... No go. Then they decided to try and push start it... No good either. So they decide to hook it to the back of their truck and pull start it. Apparently after about 20 minutes of trying to pull start it with the truck they just gave up.......

The dad comes home and the son said, 4 wheeler won't start. Dad tries to start it. No go. So dad takes it to my buddy... When they dropped it off he said I just by chance looked down to see a small drip of oil coming out of the left side... His guess is correct as he takes off the pull starter... Oil comes oozing out. He said he is looking at close to $500.00 in just electrical parts to fix it. Then his labor and he is not even sure if he can get it completely dry on the inside. Well the story is not over. Once my buddy calls the dad to inform him of his findings, according to him, all he heard was..... Silence, then the dad proceeds to go off on a tangent over the phone to my buddy. He is not upset with him he is upset with his son. He is saying some pretty foul stuff about his son, and then just before he concludes he says, "MY SON IS REALLY SOME KIND OF STUPID!, I guess his first semester of college won't happen until he finds a way to pay me back for this", and then hangs the phone up.

Edited by RMCIII

KC9KAS

An people always say, "Boys will be boys", but I was totally afraid of my dad and was to scared to pull a stunt like that!

Edited by KC9KAS
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

• Like 1

chazm

And I'm betting all the time the kids were adding oil & pull stating ,the other hand was texing all their little buddies on suggestions on how to fix  it. :eusa-doh:

HERE'S YOUR SIGN... :text-imwithstupid:

• Like 2

squonk

I deal with a bunch of these beauties everyday. The kitchen staff where I work is full of them. The dishroom looks like an Animal House food fight took place every day. I'm the first call to repair all of the equipment. Yesterday 1 doofus was screwing around and knocked the emergency gas shutoff button and electrical box clean off the hood with his head. Last week they knocked. a $2000 conveyor toaster on the floor. I tell everyone that I could put a solid block of Iron in the kitchen and in an hour it will be broken

• Like 3

stevasaurus

All that stuff never happens in the Mid-West...it seems like it always happens out east.  All of our kids are Campbells' kids....bright shinny faces and rosy cheeks...homework done...rooms cleaned...and asking, "do you need any help with anything Dad"  ??   :)

• Like 7

squonk

I'm sure you were a little angel!

KyBlue

I deal with a bunch of these beauties everyday. The kitchen staff where I work is full of them. The dishroom looks like an Animal House food fight took place every day. I'm the first call to repair all of the equipment. Yesterday 1 doofus was screwing around and knocked the emergency gas shutoff button and electrical box clean off the hood with his head. Last week they knocked. a $2000 conveyor toaster on the floor. I tell everyone that I could put a solid block of Iron in the kitchen and in an hour it will be broken

We have a driver that is like that... I tell the mechanics that he could tear up a cast iron skillet with a rubber mallet...

Three motors, five transmissions, and one Bellhousing (the truck was towed in with the transmission supported via straps)... I mean really? Holy spaceballs!

• Like 1

Coadster32

Typical teenager...knows enough to be dangerous.

• Like 1

Racinbob

All that stuff never happens in the Mid-West...it seems like it always happens out east.  All of our kids are Campbells' kids....bright shinny faces and rosy cheeks...homework done...rooms cleaned...and asking, "do you need any help with anything Dad"  ??   :)

OK, now I get it. That explains why the Hoosiers ran me out of the state. :roll:

• Like 4