Sparky

The best breakfast sandwich ever!! Chicago??

Sparky

I fly a lot for work and have plenty of fast food quickie breakfast sandwiches since my morning layovers are usually short. They all taste like crap but fill the void in my empty stomach. Today I flew thru Chicago and had a couple hours so I decided to try something new.....went to this place....

post-2-0-69323800-1413340905.jpg

....it was the best "bacon/egg/avocado and I cant pronounce what else" I have ever had. Came with a good salsa on the side which I spread generously. Its made fresh right in font of you and they tell you up front that it will be 10 minutes (unlike McDonalds next door...yuck!) Its all put between two big pieces of bread and the whole thing is grilled. Really made my morning and made the next flight (8 1/2 hours) that much better. I shoulda got a pic of the sandwich.

I plan to eat there again on my way home....hmmmmmm.

http://www.rickbayless.com/restaurants/tortas-frontera/

Mike.........

• Like 1

zieg72

For a fast food tasty breakfast sandwich, White Castle is tops in my book.  Not the sliders, although good, they have a breakfast menu that beats all the others IMO.

squonk

Should have called the Dino. He has a nose for the best places to eat!  :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

KC9KAS

Kind of beats my sweet roll from the convience store!

• Like 1

RMCIII

For a fast food tasty breakfast sandwich, White Castle is tops in my book.  Not the sliders, although good, they have a breakfast menu that beats all the others IMO.

:eusa-think: Grilled to perfection in a vat of grease! :ychain: Serious, Ohio is home of the Origional White Castle. My Tahoe diverts all routes that even go by a White Castle.

• Like 1

Ken B

I hear ya on the McDonald's. I can barely eat that stuff anymore! Did the transfats really make it taste that much better? Fries now taste like warm card board.. I was real hungry the other morning and I decided I would give Taco Bells new breakfast a go. I got an A.M. crunch wrap with bacon, not bad!

AMC RULES

Looks expensive...should be good.

Geno

Glad you found at least one good place to eat, getting harder to find anything good at all out there anymore.

stevasaurus

Sparky, that is so cool...I pulled up the website and I think it showed your sandwich.  If you ever get a long layover give me a call...I am 20 minutes from O'Hare.  What Squonk says makes since...I know plenty of excellent places to eat around here.  :)  Glad Chicago was a good experience for you.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

:eusa-think: Grilled to perfection in a vat of grease! :ychain: Serious, Ohio is home of the Origional White Castle. My Tahoe diverts all routes that even go by a White Castle.

"Little Mini White Bites" or "sliders" in Chicago parlance.

shallowwatersailor

Sparky, that is so cool...I pulled up the website and I think it showed your sandwich.  If you ever get a long layover give me a call...I am 20 minutes from O'Hare.  What Squonk says makes since...I know plenty of excellent places to eat around here.  :)  Glad Chicago was a good experience for you.

Steve,

Send me a "Big Al's" Italian Beef dipped with sweet peppers; or a "Chicago Vienna Dog" with fluorescent green relish, celery salt, and sport peppers - hold the ketchup. Can't be found on the East Coast.

John

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Here ya go John...this will make any Chicago guy want to come home...:)

post-818-0-88771400-1413396664.jpg

post-818-0-38643100-1413396706.jpg

• Like 2

squonk

How did those 2 Bears fans get up there?  :)  :ROTF:

• Like 2

squonk

Yep Steve has a nose like a Beagle.When it come to eats, he can sniff one out in a perfect vacuum!  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

Here ya go John...this will make any Chicago guy want to come home... :)

attachicon.gifsuperdawg.jpg

attachicon.gifindex.jpgsuperdawg2.jpg

I used to live 3/4 mile from there before moving to MD! Still had carhops. They have a good "Polish" as well.

Still remember Flaurie with: "Hi Ya, thanks for stopping!"  http://www.superdawg.com/

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 1

specialwheelhorse

Used to travel a lot the very best is ask a local.

never will forget a shop in Cleveland found that way.

• Like 1

squonk

Cleveland had some good food at "The Mistake By the Lake" I went to a Reskins game there about 30 years ago . Foot long dogs!!!!

Firpo701

Ahh yes...Cusat's Cafe in Hazleton Pa! Peppers and eggs with hot Italian sausage and Italian bread toast! My mouth now waters!!! Lol! :-)

post-12671-0-29014900-1413519900.png

Edited by Firpo701
  • Like 2