Sign in to follow this  
COMB2

Lawn and Garden Collector Magazine

COMB2

Is this still available? Looked all over the net and see post but they all seem to be older post. If it is still around any of you know if it's worth getting?

CasualObserver

yep.. LAGC Magazine, Attn: Kate, 877 Framewood, Newburgh, IN, 47630 (812) 490-3607.

COMB2

Is it all JD stuff?

perry

NO!. that is just the link i had saved. i believe it started out as a JD magazine but now it covers all models.

COMB2

I'm guessin you got to call to order?

Nice Red Green Avatar :banghead:

CasualObserver

Calling is the quickest. There is a mailing address for subscriptions, I could post it for you later. (I don't have an issue in front of me)

It started out as the LGT News... a JD only magazine. It's created by the guy that owns HAPCO (a repro JD part company). He personally collects all brands, and finally got enough people involved that he switched the magazine to cover all brands. It's pretty neat if you enjoy learning about off-brands, and other colors. He's been doing a monthly follow-along on a Massey restoration for about 7 issues. Bill Pearson (one of the members of the WHCC Board of Directors) writes a Wheel Horse column for every issue too. Bottom line... if you like garden tractors, you probably won't regret subscribing.

Back issues are available from Kate (the editor) at the address I posted earlier.

KyBlue

Ill have to subscribe when I get the extra coin!!

COMB2

Sweet just signed up. :banghead:

HorseFixer

You wont be sorry I have been a subscriber for a year now! :hide:

glenn27

It's a good, well-written and edited magazine. I like readin about all the different brands and makes--and what other people are doing w/ the. Widens your knowledge base..... :hide:

CasualObserver

Thought I'd bring this back to the top for new folks who aren't aware of this magazine. The editor is a member here although she hasn't posted for quite some time.... Where are you Kate?

They also have a new online site.

LAGC Online Link

And they're on Facebook... just google lawn and garden collector facebook and you'll find it easily.

Great magazine, and I think it's a great asset to our hobby. :scratchead:

T-Mo

I still have the very first two years of the magazine - when it was an all JD magazine. The first year it was 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 inches (a few 8.5 by 11 inch letter size papers folded in half and stapled in the middle), the second year it went to a full size 8.5 by 11 inch. For some reason, I did not renew my subscription for the third year and I haven't re-subscribe since. Maybe I will now. I'm assuming it's still 6 issues a year?

bustedglass

Just got my latest edition. Great article Duke. You make us all proud :hide: .

And don't forget the very informational pieces from Wild Bill :scratchead: .

Michael Bullington

Worth every penny!!! :hide: ...I actually met kate and Brandon at a show this summer at the booneville in tractor show, they are Great!!....Andrew and I made the inside of the the front cover on the last edition!! :scratchead:

tractorchick

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been on lately. Summer shows wore me out!

The magazine is really growing! We just finished up Duke's 3-part series! He's a great guy!

The next issue will feature a young Wheel Horse collector by the name of Brandon Debaere who has a real passion for collecting.

Thank you ALL for the encouraging words about the LAGC. I'm pretty proud of it.

I'll be back at Boonville for the Thresherman show in October. It's local for me and is really growing. After that, I'll go into hibernation for a while. Well, not really....I'll be doing several interviews over winter months to bulk up the archives.

I talked with Matt Nance who had a winning tractor at the June show....he'll be featured in an article in 2010. Lots of great reading coming your way!

Peace out - have a wonderful week!

Kate Goelzhauser

Editor, LAGC Magazine

bell

Kate, Just wanted to thank you for the BEST magazine on the planet!!!!

Any chance it will eventually become monthly? I feel like a kid waiting for christmas, waiting for the next issue! :scratchead:

tractorchick

Hmmmm....every month. We've had LOTS of requests, but.....don't think we are ready for that quite yet. Maybe someday! Don't give up on that thought! Very flattered that you asked!

Electro12WH

Does it have models like those Lowrider magazines? :scratchead:

tractorchick

Models?? I have put in a request for Rafael Nadal (tennis) and the "Rock", but haven't heard back from their PR peeps. I'll keep trying!! lol!