Sign in to follow this  
RMCIII

Bolens 4800 Hard At Work

RMCIII

Well, here it is.... John, I know you were waiting to see it in action... It was a little temper mental with that 3" limb. I should have waited a few more minutes to let it warm up. Once it warms up, it does an amazing job. I started with about 15 limbs ranging in size from 1" all the way up to the 3" limb. Length ranged from 4' to over 10'.

Then there was a nice pile of brush I had de-limbed from the main branches that was about 6' w x 8' l x 4' h. The second video is what was left of everything after I got done. Took only about 30 minutes to pulverize it into little pieces.

Rob

IMG_1046.MOV

IMG_1047.MOV

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Pretty cool Rob.  :)

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Rob,

Amazing how much that you have to chip to get a decent amount. I would almost say that my Mac runs at a higher rpm. I could be wrong.

Looks good!!! :)

RMCIII

It was still not fully warmed up. I wanted to get going on the piles. After I got through that branch, I was able to open the choke up all the way and I picked up about another 200 rpms.

Rob

RMCIII

Well, after 2 long Saturdays, I finally made it through, the 100 plus branches, limbs and shredding material..... All I can say is the Bolens handled it with authority. Even when I dropped a chunk of wood into the shredder. It managed to handle the chunk of wood, but in the process, it bent the grate slightly causing 2 blades to rub. I took the grate off, bent it back, and was back in business. The chunk of wood was probably close to a 4.5"w x 5"l.... I was suprised at the complete and total shredding this thing does...... Anyway, after 2 long Saturdays, the Bolens is done for the year. I'll clean it up and either put new blades on it, or have these sharpened... I do have 24 new hammers for the mill, but I thought about trying to sharpen them some....

Well over 100 cubic feet of wood chips and mulch was pushed out of the Bolens.... All the neighbor's flower beds have been covered and our back yard, under the pine tree, has about 5" of wood chips..... Since grass does not grow under the pine tree, we decided to bed the area with wood chips...

Rob

• Like 1