AJ_Thanatos

Android Fans

AJ_Thanatos

Is there anyone on this forum that follows android phones closely? 

The reason I ask is because there is an amazing phone on the market that is not available to the general public at the moment. The only way to get your hands on this phone is by an invite from the company or a friend. 

Well I happen to be quite the techie ( not like techy engines  :ychain: ) and I have one of these phones and they are truly amazing! But the best part about it is I have 2 other invites to give away to anyone I like. And I would much rather give it to someone here on this awesome forum. 

So if you are tech junky and want the latest and greatest let me know! 

You can check out the specs here and they will do the talking for me! And the price is ridiculously low for buying a phone without signing or extending your current contract. Oh yeah the phone will only work with GSM networks like AT&T and T-mobile. 

http://oneplus.net/one

C-101plowerpower

dibs, need a new phone, mine starts acting up  :eusa-think:

Koen :flags-netherlands: 

AJ_Thanatos

You really want one?

After you accept the invite you have 24 hours to purchase the phone. Be sure that it will work with your current service provider. I would just hate to give the invite out and you not be able to use it. 

C-101plowerpower

will it work over across the pond?

AJ_Thanatos

Yes.. 

I would just do a quick google search with your service provider and the "OnePlus One" 

C-101plowerpower

what are the prices on these?

Koen

rmaynard

I am assuming the phone uses a SIM chip. If so, I'd be interested.

AJ_Thanatos

what are the prices on these?

Koen

Check the link posted above.. $350.00 off contract.. Its anamazing price when you consider the Galaxy and One (M8) are about 600.00 to 700.00 off contract with the same if not less specs as the "One" 

I am assuming the phone uses a SIM chip. If so, I'd be interested.

Yes you would just use your current sim card. Are you currently with AT&T or T-Mobile? 

rmaynard

Yes you would just use your current sim card. Are you currently with AT&T or T-Mobile? 

AT&T

rmaynard

What OS is it using? I'm currently using KitKat 4.4.2

Edited by rmaynard

AJ_Thanatos

AT&T

What OS is it using?

Cyanogenmod 11 S.  It was built just for this phone and is amazing. 

Edit: I have been using Cyangen on all of my Android phones for the past two years. There is no bloatware and the OS itself extends your battery life by 100%. 

Currently with my OnePlus One I can run about 3 days before I need to charge it again. And again this is also based on how often you use it. But that seems to be the average. 

Edited by Thanatos

C-101plowerpower

Check the link posted above.. $350.00 off contract.. Its anamazing price when you consider the Galaxy and One (M8) are about 600.00 to 700.00 off contract with the same if not less specs as the "One" 

that's a bit much for me to couch up at once, probably nothing for me then, sorry for wasting your time

Koen :flags-netherlands: 

rmaynard

I am currently running 4.4.2 on my Moto G. I understand that this one also uses 4.4.2. After seeing the reviews on the Oneplus One, I think I will pass as well. Thanks for the offer.

AJ_Thanatos

What OS is it using? I'm currently using KitKat 4.4.2

The current build of Android that Cyanogen 11 S is on is 4.4.4. 

I am currently running 4.4.2 on my Moto G. I understand that this one also uses 4.4.2. After seeing the reviews on the Oneplus One, I think I will pass as well. Thanks for the offer.

What reviews did you see? You passed that up pretty quick.. 

rmaynard

C-Net for one (http://www.cnet.com/products/oneplus-one/).

I'm not totally dissing the phone, I just got my MOTO less than 6 months ago, and it is still doing everything I had hoped it would. After seeing the price, I really don't have the funds at this time.

Edited by rmaynard

AJ_Thanatos

Ah yes the infamous low call volume.. That was recently fixed with an OTA. The software side is rock solid. Like I said the first thing I do when I get a new phone is flash the OS to Cyangenmod. Except for this "One", it is pre-installed and that is why I jumped on it so quick.