Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Is there a Crook in the House?

T-Mo

I belong to several sites and groups, the IHC Yahoo group being one. I've received this email form the group's owner, Digger, on a member there.

I hate this kinda crap, but here it is for all to see.

I even called Jeff and he hung up on me when I asked what the deal is.

I just got this email,

I thought that you might want to know about Jeff Walters,

as I see he is trying to buy parts or trade for parts. Me and Jeff had

a deal trading, my B&S V-twin 16, for his K 301. Well guess what I got

conned. Sent him my engine, he was going to send my back the K 301 in

my shipping crate. Well it has been one month and no engine. Called

him a couple of times and he hangs up. Sent 6 E-Mails no return. The

reason that I am sending you this E-Mail is: I do not want this to

happen to anyone else on this site. I was going to post it but I am

not sure if this would be the correct thing to do. You being the

moderator I thought you should to know about this. Happy Holidays and

Thank You for your time. Don B.

I see this guy's name on a lot of sites. He is almost always wanting to trade, hardly ever buying or selling. We had issues with him on the wfm site to a point that he was banned temporarily. I read the posts regarding him on the IHC Yahoo group and it would appear this behavior described in the email above is typical for him. If anyone is a member of the IHC group, read the posts about him (Titled: We have a CROOK among us!!!!!! ) Here's the link (note: you have to be a member on this group to read the messages):

IHCCUBCADET Group

I'm posting this as a warning for anyone who wants to do business with this guy, to be aware of the past problems or suspected problems. I hadn't no personal dealings with him, but I see his ads in just about every tractor related site and he's always wanting to trade (and in some he places "Wanted" ads). I always thought this look suspicious, or at least, funny. Be careful out there in cypher space, guys.

Rollerman

Thanks for the link & the heads up Terry.

I allways try & be honest in my dealings...but on a few occasions have been burned or maybe left someone feeling the same "unintentinal" :D

However this guy seems to be not to concerned about it?

GlenPettit

This caution is an important thing to share, if he refutes this he could respond if he wanted, but it sounds like his background was checked and many others have had confirmed the same problem. I feel it was good to report his name, would also help me to know his City/State and handle name (but his web name and even name could change, but City may not).

Thanks for the alert for all of us.

Michigan Glen

CasualObserver

Glen, I believe his common handle is jrkmwalters and he's in Blue Earth, MN.

Curmudgeon

Blue Earth I've seen a lot, the name doesn't ring a bell. Lots of people from there I suppose, or maybe it's just the name that stuck. I kinda like it.

Thanks for the heads up, I see these from time to time.

Dale

CasualObserver

Blue Earth is a very small town (only about 3000-3500 people)... if this guy gets a bad name there, it's gonna be a well known bad name.

Mith

He was on MTF trying to trade various engines. I thought something didnt add up a the time.

T-Mo

He was on MTF trying to trade various engines. I thought something didnt add up a the time.

That is what I always found suspicious - he's on just about every forum wanting to trade, usually engines or tractors. I remember one particular ad on wfm from a couple of months back. He wanted to trade a restored, good running 300 series JD (think full hydraulics, drive shaft, heavy duty hydro) for an unrestored, any condition, poor or otherwise 200 series JD (think WH 300 series with a very heavy duty frame and variable speed gear drive tranny). That would be like wanting to trade a restored, good running D series for an unrestored, poor condition B series WH.

Jason,

I take it you heard of him but had no prior dealings (I hope)?

I hadn't dealt with him personally, so this info may be one-sided, but there is enough "red flags" to warrant some buyer beware warnings here.

CasualObserver

Blue Earth is just about an even 100 miles away from me. I haven't dealt with him personally, but have seen plenty of his ads, and thought he'd be a potential person to do business with being close enough. Luckily, since he is so close, I would deal with him in person, and would never be shipping anything.