Anglo Traction

Natty little Snow Plow and Gritter

Anglo Traction

Spotted this in the local Shopping Centre Car Park and had to get a few pics.  It's only a light weight thing and modern, but it must be pretty handy for clearing light snow fall on the exposed parking areas and Ramps and Salt/Grits at the same time. Obviously it had no use this last winter.

post-3520-0-09332100-1396181352_thumb.jp

Couldn't get a decent shot of it, as some dipstick had parked right next it in a virtually empty Carpark.

post-3520-0-38794100-1396181379_thumb.jp

Honda Powered with Hydraulics and central pivot Body.

post-3520-0-14771900-1396181408_thumb.jp

• Like 3

neil

Thats a cool useful bit of kit Richard, did you offer them a few quid to buy it ????????

rmaynard

That is pretty interesting. Can't tell how wide the blade is, but it looks perfect for sidewalks. Don't see it pushing more than a couple inches of snow though.

KC9KAS

Neat!

You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

Lane Ranger

The seat on that thing sure looks like a Michigan Seat that was used on Wheel Horse tractors too!

Anglo Traction

Thats a cool useful bit of kit Richard, did you offer them a few quid to buy it ????????

Edit Quote- No Neil, I reckon it's one of those Municipal owned Machines that get left around without any care or maintenance. The Hopper is still full of Rock Salt and it will get wet where it is, so the bottom will probably rot out (my van is also too tall to access the Car park too :hide: ) .      

Just found some info on this. One of a range of 4 Sweeper units. Lots of accessories including various sizes of Blades etc. I can'tfind the Salt Spreader/Sulky version, but it does have a Sulky attachment. Pretty versatile machine- 

http://www.gsengineering.nl/index.php?id=161

Edited by Anglo Traction

AMC RULES

Interesting little tractor Richard...

what's "natty" mean?    :scratchead: 

Anglo Traction

Interesting little tractor Richard... what's "natty" mean?    :scratchead: 

Hey Craig, It means Stylish, Well presented, Tidy or Neat. Usually an informal term to describe an item, someone's dress style or appearance.   :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

wheeledhorseman

Interesting bit of kit Richard - well spotted! :thumbs:

I can't help look at it in the photos from certain angles and not think mobility scooter. If I ever come to need one of those I've already decided that a WH RER would be ideal rather than some battery operated thing and having seen this I'm now also thinking that with a blade on the front and a grit box on the back nothing would stop me getting to the shops in the winter. :)

Andy

• Like 1

Anglo Traction

I can't help look at it in the photos from certain angles and not think mobility scooter. If I ever come to need one of those I've already decided that a WH RER would be ideal rather than some battery operated thing and having seen this I'm now also thinking that with a blade on the front and a grit box on the back nothing would stop me getting to the shops in the winter. :) Andy

Oh I can just visualise that Andy !  :D . Suspect you'd have to put a Catalytic Convertor Muffler on it. Room for a shopping Basket and an enormous Bulb Horn to warn the pedestrians before you try n shovel them out the way    :auto-layrubber:  :auto-swerve:

C-101plowerpower

I can't help look at it in the photos from certain angles and not think mobility scooter. If I ever come to need one of those I've already decided that a WH RER would be ideal rather than some battery operated thing and having seen this I'm now also thinking that with a blade on the front and a grit box on the back nothing would stop me getting to the shops in the winter. :)

Andy

you know, not all mobility scooters are electric

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Koen

• Like 1

meadowfield

I bet it's nimble and economical!