Sign in to follow this  
linen beige

Ike survivors

linen beige

I hope our members in east Texas, Arkansas and what all are fairing well with hurricane Ike. :banghead: Hopefully no 'Horses got hurt or had to learn to swim. :USA:

WH854

I talked to my cousin in Lufkin Tx he said they had rain and wind, not real bad

they all made it ok. :USA:

Chas From Butler Pa :banghead:

T-Mo

The renmants of Ike made it's way through my area here in Missouri this morning. High winds, heavy rainfall, a short power outrage, but it seems to be about passed now.

I also like to say my prayers and thoughts go out to those that were directly in it's path, especially the Texas coastline and surrounding areas that took the blunt of the storm. Even though I would hate to think a Wheel Horse had succumbed to the storm, what's most important is the areas where people may have lost their homes, livelihoods, etc. May the recovery be quick and things get back to normal, if possible, quickly.

pond195520032003

I agree T-MO :banghead: :USA:

BadDad

All is well here in Austin TX. We had some wind not bad, no rain @ all. Hope all is well with everyone else.

KyBlue

Well I think maybe we're getting part of IKE now... 40-50 mph wind gusts... Power is out in a couple places in town..

Teddy da Bear

Been raining here for 2 days now and we are getting Ike today (I guess).

When will it end??? :banghead:

T-Mo

For the guys who is getting some of the blunt of Ike, it only lasts a few hours. Tomorrow morning it will be toward the north east.

There were two deaths tied to Ike in the St. Louis area, one 49 year old woman was hit by a falling tree branch, and one elderly man was swept off his feet and washed down a little creek that had become a fierce river. These sort of things should remind up all that there is more important things than our little hobby and other small things in life.

To direct this back on the titled topic, I hope everyone stays high and dry and no damage occurs to their homes.

jerrell

:banghead: thankfully ::: we here in central AR, got just a small taste of the wind and rain, and some strong storms ,we had several tornados hit within 10 miles of where i live, BMUONE, i hope your brother in cabot is doing ok, one hit sw of the city and stayed on the ground for 2&1/2 miles. i was listening to weather and police scanner and one was sited over the beebe high school but didn't touch down, the school, all buildings was blowed away 3 years ago and we just got them rebuilt, i just can't imagine what it must be like to see thousands of homes leveled , instead of just 20 or 30 like we had here. i pray for the people in TX and hope they can get the help they need now instead of help 4 years from now. thankfully we had only property damage and no deaths. :USA:

KyBlue

Well our neighbors to the north got it far worse than we did here in the central Ky .. Cinci has like 600,000 without power.. several bldgs are damaged.

pond195520032003

up around the Buckeye Lake area(OHIO) there are over 330.000 without power including my brother! trees down homes damaged and vehickles damaged! :USA: havent herd of any deaths and hope i dont :banghead:

Nick

We didnt have rain only wind here in Western Ohio. It was nothing like some people got hit with so I cant complain. Didn't see official numbers but winds were up around 60 to 78 mph with the worst damage south of us. I did see a lot of local corn fields have flat areas and heard of others that are near a total loss. At a little over 48 hours without power it came back on few hours ago, so Ive got the internet back. :banghead:

linen beige

Well our neighbors to the north got it far worse than we did here in the central Ky .. Cinci has like 600,000 without power.. several bldgs are damaged.

Some to our west got it pretty good too. Still a couple hundred thousand customers without power in the Louisville area where the wind was clocked at 75 mph. We even had a couple of buildings blown down here in Lexington.

Ky suffered at least one wind related death in a ten year old boy, my prayers to the family.

I don't think I can recall a huricane getting this far inland before and still be packing huricane force winds! We did not get any rain though.

I understand there was more flooding in Indiana as well. I hope all are doing well.

KyBlue

I had a hard time getting to chicago yesterday...all the roads were flooded!!

Rollerman

I had a hard time getting to chicago yesterday...all the roads were flooded!!

I met a guy from south Chicago Sunday late morning to pickup a boat....

Hope he wasn't cussing himself on the way home wishing he still had it. :USA:

I really can't say I ever remember a hurricane doing so much damage or carrying so far across the states before. "I believe another member said this too"

I thought it was hearing things wrong when the local FM country station said they were cancelling there annual outdoor concert to to remnants of Ike :banghead:

Mostly constant rain in my area & as I've been around the county this week a lot of crops are down & some big washouts.