Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

WW two

jerrell

I just read Nyloyn's post of the USS NY and thought i would tell you about my little trip..

:banghead::USA: i live about 30 miles from little rock and the other day my daughter and i were down there for my Dr's appt, and on the way back i asked my daughter to let's stop by that submarine that they towed into little rock, we did and we got the chance to go down intothe sub and look around, i am 5' 8" and my daughter is about the same but i weigh a lot more, 215lbs, well we went into that sub and i have to tell you ,,,, those guys are heros, anyone that would go under the ocean in one of those things are really brave.. there was hardly room to move around, everthing was so crowded i could not have stood it. i couldn't wait to get out of that thing,\\

If some of you ever served on one of those subs , you have my gratitude and respect and may god bless you...jerry

Brrly1

Hello, I have heard of some guys on leave that were friends of a friend and I had stopped over at there house because I hadn't seen ithem n quite awhile but they told me that the nuclear subs have a great amount of room. They told me I could stand up, stretch and have no problem at all, all kinds of room, But have also heard stories about the small subs from the 40's WWII era. I also agree they had to be dedicated to stay under water for long periods of time. Definitely True Heroes

Burly :banghead: