Sign in to follow this  
Teddy da Bear

Never Forget

Teddy da Bear

I recall this image.....it is burned into my mind.

I woke and was half asleep one morning. The television was on at it usually is.

As I lay there half-awake I thought maybe it was some kind of action movie playing on t.v.

Then I saw the news logo on the bottom of the screen.....it jolted me awake.

I tried hard to comprehend what was happening. It just would not sink in...

The news people were speculating on what possibly could have happened.

They thought a plane had a mechanical failure leading to the crash.

Then there was silence......all eyes were on the sky..... I heard the news announcer say.... "no no No!" as a second plane approached.

I whispered to myself "Oh my God". I could not believe what I was looking at.

My first thought was.....I need to call my wife...... But I could not reach her at work. Her factory did not allow personal calls.

Here is what we will never forget. My prayers are still for those who died in this cowardly act. I am consoled by the fact that is could have been much worse had it been a few hours later.

Here is what I saw....

Attached Image

post-12-1221213553.jpg

Rod(NASNUT)

:banghead: My prayers also are still for those who died in this cowardly act.I to will never forget :USA:

linen beige

Words can't describe the emotions invoked. My prayers to the families who suffered losses. And to those fighting for our freedoms, both at home, and abroad. :banghead:

I have a cousin who works in the Pentagon. He had a very rare off site meeting that morning. His office was destroyed.

I was still working the street when this happened. Our town is home to the only other facility in the world known as a World Trade Center, the tallest building in town, smack in the middle of downtown, two blocks from police headquarters. The sheik of Dubai owns a horse farm here that houses some of the horses owned by England's Queen Elizabeth (I met her there in 1989). The former ambassador to England (Under the first Pres. Bush.) lives just down the road from that farm. Lexington is home to the governors training facility where each state's governors come for training when first elected and for other events and several diplomats where here on that date. There is a huge stockpile of chemical weapons a few miles south of here. The federal facility blueprint depository is here.

When the FBI pointed some of these things out to our city officieals and that they had reason to beleive we may be targetted, we realized just how unprepared we were. Needless to say, we were kinda nervous for quiet a while.

KyBlue

I had a slightly different view of the WTC on 9/11

Most of ya'll know Im a truck driver, which takes me all over (well at that time i was goiing all over, running team from Coast to Coast) and on that day, we were delivering Furniture 15-20 blocks from there... I have been back to NYC once since that day, and Ill not go back again. I do not do Jersey, Eastern Ny...basically the closest I'll get is... Allentown Pa ...

My Prayers and thoughts still go out to the families that were affected that day, the families who lost loved ones in the buildings, the many many firefighters, and all the other people who left part of themselves there that day..

jerrell

:banghead: as an old retired guy i usually watch about 2 to 3 hours of news each morning just to keep up with what is happening in out world, and i was watching msnbc, i saw the smoke from the first tower and was glued to the tv, as a pilot i wondered how a plane could not miss that building , so far up, if not intentially(ms) i sat in dread when i saw the second plane come in from the right side of the screen and screamed at my wife to come here, ,another plane is going to hit the second tower. i cannot say how i felt at that time, but mostly scared and angery and wanting revenge at the cowards that would do something like this.

just as an afternote to this, if you will remember when the first bomber tried to blow up the towers in the basement,believe it was 93 or somewhere around there. there was a structual engineer came on the news and described just exactly what would happened if they had flew a plane into the building as happened on 9/11, he said the jet fuel would be so hot that it would weaken the steel in the building that it would pancake down just as it did.

God Bless the brave people who died in those buildings and the rescuers who tried to save them and lost their life trying..