Sign in to follow this  
Duff

***ANOTHER VIRUS?***

Duff

If any Administrators are monitoring, I just got a flashing message: "THIS IS NO JOKE - YOU ARE THE 10,000th VISITOR - CLICK HERE TO CLAIM".

Generally these types of messages carry Trojan viruses. Can someone check to see if we've been "hit" again?

I closed out of the site and reentered and the message seems to have disappeared.

Thanks, guys,

Duff

kj4kicks

That's just another google ad as far as I can see.

Duff

That's just another google ad as far as I can see.

Thanks, E! The network gurus where I work warn us that messages formatted like that are the most common carriers of viruses. I just didn't want us to get hacked again and not know about it. Sorry if I alarmed anyone - I've had to go through complete virus cleaning and reformatting before and it's a real pain in the *ss.

Thanks again!

Duff :banghead:

kj4kicks

No problem Duff. I don't know of anyone who clicks on those silly flashing ads anyhow. I guess some folks do though.

KyBlue

Thats why I run FireFox with a couple of add on programs, blocks out all that stuff. Zero ads for me! Get used to seeing them that way, then when I hit the puters at work (still use IE) and all the ads are everywhere, and the pages are much slower.. :banghead: