Brrly1

Basketball Jones - Big Ten

rexman72

steve whats going on is college athletics is big big money.The schools want to be in conferences where they can recruit the big name players.Boston college saw the light a few years ago and joined the acc so they have been losing big name schools.The big 10  should be the big 14 next year.

stevasaurus

Hey Duke...how's that old horseshoe fitting right now...hope you guys did not use up all of that karma yet. :)  Saving yourselves for Louisville or Kentucky... :bow-blue::orcs-cheers::text-merryxmas::happy-smileyinthebox:

Rexman...I think you are right to a point...but what happened to the Big 12...Oklahoma, Nebraska, Arkansas, Colorado, Texas, Iowa St. ( :))  One of the best conferences in the nation breaking up...I know it is about money, but this does not make any since.  These guys are all about basketball and football...the Big East was never really about football.  I just think there is a little more to it???  I am all ears...I do not get it either.  As a FAN, I do not see the plus in all of this.  My 2 cents.  Let me know what you think...or anyone else also. :)

Edited by stevasaurus

stevasaurus

Hello Duke...Michigan won 15 minutes ago...and you are not in here yet...Lake Effect???  Time Change???  Getting the heart paddles out???  Looking for a little Rock & Rye???  A little electrolysis on the ole horseshoe???  Realizing Michigan is OVERRATED???  Keeping a low profile???  Abducted by aliens???  Found a RJ59 with the sticker serial number???  Celebrating with MJ???

Well, anyway...congratulations on the 2nd Big Ten team making it to the ELITE 8... :woohoo:

• Like 3

JimD

Steve, you are too much. :ROTF:

squonk

Steve knows all about horseshoes!  :)  :)

DA BEARS!!!!...............NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

OK...the stats on the Elite 8  :)

Big 10...3 teams...Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St.

SEC......2 teams...Florida, Kentucky

Atlantic 10...Dayton

American Athletic...U Conn

Pac 12...Arizona

squonk

ON WISCONSIN !!!!!!!!!  :)  :)  :) 

• Like 1

rexman72

those big ten teams have gone farther then I thought and my brackets are ruined lol

• Like 2

boovuc

Baylor and Louisville hosed my brackets. I have Florida winning it all but now that I'm not in the money for my picks, I'm rooting all Big Ten!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

SAY CHEESE!!!  :)

• Like 1

rexman72

who would have thought of Wisconsin though?march madness does make me crazy

• Like 1

stevasaurus

And Wisconsin beat a very good PAC 12 team...Arizona...how cool is that?? 

:banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance:

PAC 12...ACC...Big East are all out... :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

rexman72

yes that is cool because no one thought Wisconsin would make it past the sweet 16.

HorseFixer

Congratulation's Kentucky Wildcats :notworthy:  :notworthy: :notworthy:  :notworthy: Hell of a Game! :crying-yellow:  

~Duke  :wh:

stevasaurus

What a difference a day makes.  2 SEC teams...1 Big 10 and 1 AAC in the final four.  :)

bowtieguy

And thanks to both Mich teams my family bragging rights just went south...bumped me down to 2nd place but I've still got FL to win it all.

What makes it worse is I got beat out by my 6 year old grandson....he is a sports guru for his age but picked Wichia St to win it all..maybe I can beat him yet!

I might have to pick KY next year unless all their freshman go PRO!!

• Like 1

Brrly1

Say Cheese!!! Wisconsin takes it home! Big Ten all the way!

• Like 2

stevasaurus

You guys realize that this years brackets were all messed up because of Global Warming and the fact that our solar system is passing through the plane of the Milky Way Galaxy.  It's all about gravity...and oil.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

rexman72

steve how about the polar vortex caused it also lol

• Like 1

squonk

You guys realize that this years brackets were all messed up because of Global Warming and the fact that out solar system is passing through the plane of the Milky Way Galaxy.  It's all about gravity...and oil.  :)

I thought it was because the Bears signed the wrong QB?  :confusion-confused:

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Actually, the force of gravity is changing every day as we pass through the plane...that is why no team shoots good in the first half.  It takes a while to get used to the gravity for the day....not to mention....that the gravity is different in the Midwest then it would be on the East Coast or in the West, or in the South for that matter.  The teams that are playing closer to home...have an advantage in that regard...it is more of a minor change to get used to the space/time concept.  With all that being said...the final 4 is played in Texas...(Texas has it's own gravity)...the closest team to Texas (Kentucky) has the inside road here.  Obviously, I am pulling for Wisconsin...but when was the last time any of us has beat gravity??  :)

On a side note...my vertical leap has suffered greatly in the last 2 years...I blame gravity for this.  :)  It is NOT my fault.

• Like 1

rexman72

Can we at least put a sunday paper under you to measure how high you jump?

Actually, the force of gravity is changing every day as we pass through the plane...that is why no team shoots good in the first half.  It takes a while to get used to the gravity for the day....not to mention....that the gravity is different in the Midwest then it would be on the East Coast or in the West, or in the South for that matter.  The teams that are playing closer to home...have an advantage in that regard...it is more of a minor change to get used to the space/time concept.  With all that being said...the final 4 is played in Texas...(Texas has it's own gravity)...the closest team to Texas (Kentucky) has the inside road here.  Obviously, I am pulling for Wisconsin...but when was the last time any of us has beat gravity??  :)

On a side note...my vertical leap has suffered greatly in the last 2 years...I blame gravity for this.  :)  It is NOT my fault.

• Like 2

squonk

Can we at least put a sunday paper under you to measure how high you jump?

Sunday paper? I think a piece of Saran Wrap wii do the trick!
  • Like 3

rexman72

I was just trying to give him the benefit of doubt

• Like 1

JimD

On the flip side of the coin, the Maryland Terps with my Great Niece Malina Howard are in the final four!! Good luck Malina,

Go Terps!!

I can't believe you basketball loving fanatics would totally Diss this post. Not one supportive comment. :bitch:

Edited by JimD
  • Like 1