Brrly1

Basketball Jones - Big Ten

Brrly1

Alrighty then, I know that we have at least 6 months and counting before we get the Big 10 football thingy flying again, so I'm thinking maybe a little conversation about the Basketball stars of the Big Ten. In about three to four weeks there going to be playing the Big 10 tournament. I don't know if we have anybody is interested but I thought I would see if we could snag something. Well as you know, I'm a Hawkeye fan (always have been) so anybody got anything to say?

bowtieguy

Sorry John...but SEC is on my radar now that Mizzou skipped town....no more MU/KU shootouts!.....but I do like Mich State???...OH State is fun to watch too!

6pm...thought maybe my early reply would stir you guys up....Ill who?....remember, I got to go with the triplets to the Cotton Bowl but BB is my game....MU did slip by Tenn today....lucky again!!!

Edited by bowtieguy

Brrly1

Normally Kansas or Kansas State are pretty good BB teams, or at least as I remember. We are not bound to talk just about the Big 10 here Frank, I know that there are a few guys that do the football thingy wil hopefully jump in. All I have to do Frank, it's almost like whstlin' is say something about the 'Fighting Illini' and they'll come out of the woodwork. SEC is welcome as all the conferences. you got somebody you want to talk about then let's here it. No Lebron James, is Not going back to Cleveland. LOL

stevasaurus

Did somebody mention the "Fighting Illini" ?? :)  About the only thing they have done this year is.........beat Missouri. :woohoo:   I think they have the youngest team in the nation this year.  They may be pretty good next year.  Sorry Frank. :ychain:

bitten

GO BUCKEYES

squonk

No Orange in the Big 10

Edited by squonk

stevasaurus

Illinois had a chance to beat Ohio St. yesterday...they would have done it except for one thing.  GET THE PUCK IN THE NET...AYE!!! :bow-blue:  It does seem that the Illini do have a pretty good defense this year...they just can't make a bucket. :)

Brrly1

Well, I guess you can say that the Hawkeyes are done bringing up the rear. It's been awhile coming but I actually believe that there going to make it to the NCAA BB tournament. They are sitting alone in third place with Indiana next on the line. Hoping things work out good, As always Go Hawkeyes!!!

redidbull

Deleted!

Edited by redidbull
  • Like 1

Brrly1

Sounds good, jump right one in here Syracuse is a Big East? I'm not real sure on that. I know that the Big Twelve is also looking pretty tough, quite a few of there teams are rated. There was a little bit of a shake-up in the Big Ten with not one but both of the top teams were beat. Mich. State and Mich. both lost. The Hawkeyes have Indiana tomorrow night with I think Wisconsin at home this weekend then a visit to Mich. State. I'll do some double checking but not to many games until the tournaments will be starting. As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!

redidbull

Sorry didn't read it close enough. Will delete. Jim

stevasaurus

redidbull...no need to delete...SYR is a great team...they are in the Big Ten next year... :)

I do not know what you posted, but welcome aboard... :)

Edited by stevasaurus

squonk

Syracuse just joined the ACC. Are you sure they are going big 10?  :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Brrly1

Mike, I believe it's Maryland and Rutgers.I believe that happens next year along with Football. Redidbull don't go away this is open to all, yes Syracuse is an awesome team. This conversation is open to any an all teams no matter who. I hope the Hawkeyes meet them in the Final Four!!! That ought to get some comments. Jim D where you at?

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Right...Maryland & Rutgers.  My mind is going down hill fast.  My hard drive needs a defrag.  :)

• Like 2

squonk

That frozen block of ice needs to be thawed out!!  :)  :)  :ychain:  :ychain:  :)  :)

• Like 2

bitten

Right now Im just hoping the Buckeyes can finish the season looking half way decent. At 7-6 in conference play they have a ways to go and not really the time to get there. 

But as always

GO BUCKEYES

Vinylguy

Huge Hawkeye fan here John. Way before the old field house closed. 

Been to 3 games there and 4 in the new arena.

Best memory is from the Payne and Stokes days. VS Bobby Knights Hoosiers

what a game. 

Go Hawks!!!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

OMG...now there are 2 Iowa fans??  :ychain::)   Are there any that actually live in Iowa??? :eusa-think:

• Like 1

Brrly1

Stop,, stop, stop, Terry was Dr. Tom coach at that time? Or was it Geo. Raveling? I remember those days, forgot which coach it was at that time. They more less fired Dr. Tom, he then went to Drake Univ. in Des Moines and preceded to kick Iowa's butt with Steve (lol) Alford as Iowa's coach which I thought personally was a waste of time.  It's been a long time coming but they are looking pretty good. It's to bad the game got canceled but what can you say. Indiana's house is falling apart. Funny how they had people actually in the field house talking about a remodel. You can say I think that Fran McCafferty (not sure on that spelling) but he has them pointed in right direction. Once he gets them recognized again, Let's hope he stays put.

Vinylguy

Lute coached the hawkeyes in the 81-82 season in the old field house. 

It was so loud at times you had to cover your ears. they won the home game 62 to 40

and it was awesome. New Hawkeye arena is much quieter though much nicer.

Lute Coached Payne and Stokes for two years then left for AZ after taking them to the sweet 16 in the 82-83 season.

After that they went down hill fast. It is so nice to see how they are progressing now. fun to watch them as they are learning how to close out games.

Go Hawks!!!

Brrly1

Fighting Illini, Fighting Illini, Fighting Illini, is that the pitter patter of a keyboard I hear! I have to believe he hasn't turned into a pumpkin yet. Stevasaurus. I know your out there! Just waiting for the final seconds to tick off. Where you at Willis? Terry yes I do remember Lute Olsen. Then it was George Raveling, then Dr. Tom and then Steve Alford?

Brrly1

Ok, I've got a  question. Who is the Best team in the Nation as we speak? Especially now that Syracuse went down last night. Thats not putting Syracuse down either, they are a good ball team. Just one more Question, who are we going to see in the Final Four? Thats it in a nutshell Have a Good day!

Brrly1

Well I can't believe it. The Fighting (Illini) pussycats beat what possibly could have been the league champs and we haven't heard a peep from the Almighty Dino. Dino, where are you? The Hawkeyes finally got there 20th win after falling on three games. It was the first time that had happened all year. It was normally one loss then a win it went three times this round. We have two more games in the regular season with a visot to Mich. State and then a trip home to play the Fighting pussycats (Illini). Lol

stevasaurus

Sorry John...been a little crazy around here lately.  The Illini have one of the best defenses in the country...just have not been able to score...until lately.  This makes them a real dangerous team.  We take on Michigan tomorrow night...and Iowa this Saturday.  A win over Michigan could get them into the Big Dance, and I gotta think that winning both of these games would get them in for sure.  The tournament committee just loves a team that is winning at the end of the season.  They have held their last 4 opponents to under 50 points...Ohio St., Minnesota, Nebraska and Michigan St.  :)  We will see how they hold up, but they are giving themselves a good chance. :orcs-cheers:  It is starting to look like they want to win, and they are learning how to do just that. :woohoo:  

There, that should jinx the heck out of them. :bow-blue: