Brrly1

Basketball Jones - Big Ten

HorseFixer

WOLVERINES-1.jpg

stevasaurus

What is it with the state of Michigan???  They have ruined my Sunday.  I have no one to root for in the Big Ten Championship Game. :bow-blue: Michigan against Michigan St... give be a break. :ychain:   Looks like I will be watching golf this afternoon.  :)   OH...that's right...the Para-olympics is on.  Cool!!!

• Like 1

HorseFixer

I will make a prediction........ A Team from Michigan will win the tournament!  :ychain:  

• Like 3

JimD

I will make a prediction........ A Team from Michigan will win the tournament!  :ychain:  

Even I gotta admit, that's funny... :ROTF:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Pretty sharp guy that Duke...I know Kelly didn't tell him after the picnic table burning incident last year.  :ychain::)

• Like 1

illinilefttackle

Well...forget EVERYTHING I said about Illinois...except that I jinxed them last night.  They really stunk up the joint and probably ruined any chance of going to the Big Dance. :bow-blue:

I agree Steve-they couldn't even make a lay up to win!= Maybe they forgot+

VINCE LOMBARDI= If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?-Al

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Al, here is hoping that you can make the Mentone swap meet.  You start talking to Duke and I will sneak up behind him...sandwich!!!  :)  Finally, the Illini will get the best of Michigan.  :)

• Like 1

illinilefttackle

I'm packing up stuff to bring as we speak- maybe I should come in disguise...just so you know- this is what I will look like-

DickButkusClrtif.jpg

You know- just another Illini ***** cat!...Al

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Al...we are going to have to teach that Iowa fan from Toledo a lesson also.  I like your outfit...I think we will have a very memorable day.  :)

stevasaurus

OK...Michigan St. gets the win over Michigan...the NCAA Pairings come out in a few minutes.  It is time to be for the BIG TEN.  :)  It looks like it is going to be a great tournament.  It will be very interesting to see what the selection committee does.  What is with Virginia???  They are running under the radar.  Michigan St. looks to be the cream of the crop at the moment.  This is being typed before the pairings come out...I wonder if Illinois (with their great finish to the season) might knock Iowa out and replace them as a pick in the tourny.  :)

squonk

Putting St Vince and the picture of a Bear on the same page??????    BLASPHEME!!!!!!!!!!! :)  :)  :) 

• Like 2

HorseFixer

Well I hate being right all the time!  :confusion-shrug:  :hilarious:

Pretty sharp guy that Duke...I know Kelly didn't tell him after the picnic table burning incident last year.  :ychain::)

Steve I dunno about that but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express Last Night! :dance:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

My personnel opinion...the Big Ten got snubbed...6 teams and Iowa has to play for a spot in the field of 64...Minnesota has never got any respect...No number 1 seeds.  We will see...we are set up for some good wins that work for us...if we show up and the refs let us play.  :)  The tournament committee has put a chip on our shoulder...they have poked the shark.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

HorseFixer

My personnel opinion...the Big Ten got snubbed...6 teams and Iowa has to play for a spot in the field of 64...Minnesota has never got any respect...No number 1 seeds.  We will see...we are set up for some good wins that work for us...if we show up and the refs let us play.  :)  The tournament committee has put a chip on our shoulder...they have poked the shark.  :)

:thumbs:  :text-thankyouyellow:  :confusion-shrug:  :handgestures-thumbupright:

squonk

they have poked the shark.  :)

More like they opened a can of Star-Kist!  :ROTF:

post-2380-0-68265400-1395049204.jpg

• Like 1

boovuc

Well the Spartans cost Michigan their number 1 seed. But it upped their own seeding from probably a 5 to a 4 seed. My Big East has 3 teams in the dance and one in a play in. I can't quite believe that??? I do believe that the Big Ten got snubbed with only 6 in the dance. Providence should be in a play in game and Xavier should be watching it at night between NIT games. Looks like I'll line up behind Izzo. I have the Spartans in the Final Four! 

• Like 2

Brrly1

I still exist! I got kind of quiet when the Hawkeyes messed up both the final game and then losing to northwestern who they beat by 26 points each time they played. Anyways we did make it to the dance how far? Who knows? They actually have to play an extra game to play into the tourney. The Iowa State Cyclones took the Big Twelve tourney and are looking pretty good. The  Univerisity of Toledo didn't make it because they lost the MAC final to Western Michigan. Hopefully they'll get to pay in the NIT. That might be your chance Stevasaurus possibly the NIT

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Right John...both Illinois and Minnesota are in the NIT...we will see.  Illinois would have had some home games, but they are working on the stadium...looks like all their games in the NIT will be away.  :bow-blue:   Gotta love college basketball...should be a great 4 weeks.  :)  Iowa needs to get their act together...I see them winning their first game.  To bad they are not playing for a 16 seed...they could have been the first team to beat a number 1.  :ychain:  YA RIGHT!!!  :orcs-cheers:

• Like 1

Brrly1

Yes sir, University of Toledo is right in the hunt with Minnesota. They play in the Minnesota region. These should be some good games. Toledo will probably get a chance to beat up on some Big 10 teams. Shall we say "Illini" for instance! Lol

• Like 1

stevasaurus

John...you need to bring some of what you are smoking to Mentone.  Please!!!  :)

• Like 1

Brrly1

:banana-blonde:  :banana-guitar:  :party:  :laughing-rofl:

• Like 2

HorseFixer

John...you need to bring some of what you are smoking to Mentone.  Please!!!  :)

I don't smoke since I had a Stroke several years ago....  :wacko:  But a couple of John's brownies would be nice!  :)  :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Duke, I have a feeling that John ate all the brownies last night in disbelief of his Iowa Hawkeyes.  Hopefully, he was listening to INA-GODDA-DA-VIDA before he got SLUGGO out and beat up his TV.  The Hawkeyes loose in OT to some team named Boston U. (didn't know they had a university). :bow-blue:   John, it has gotta be tough being out of the Tournament before it really starts...bummer dude.  :no:

Anyway, the Illini pulled one out with their defense in the 1st round of the NIT.  :bow-yellow: :bow-yellow: :bow-yellow:

• Like 1

JimD

Iowa lost?? :scared-eek:  Well, that's...

15158.jpg:teasing-poke::ychain:

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Well, so far Ohio St. is out...Wisconsin had no problem and won...and guess what???

Illinois is still playing basketball.  :)

ILL-1.jpg

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2