Brrly1

Basketball Jones - Big Ten

Brrly1

Jim, let's be nice. Yes the Hawkeyes lost but guess what? The Buckeyes lost also. They were taken out by Dayton. Hmmm, isn't that a MAC team?  Looks like the Badgers out of Wisconsin are doing quite well.

• Like 3

HorseFixer

:handgestures-thumbupright::text-thankyouyellow:   :thumbs:  :dunno:  

JimD

Jim, let's be nice. Yes the Hawkeyes lost but guess what? The Buckeyes lost also. They were taken out by Dayton. Hmmm, isn't that a MAC team?  Looks like the Badgers out of Wisconsin are doing quite well.

Yep John, the Buckeyes were just way too "Crafty" for their own good. He cost them the game with his one man showmanship. Good riddance.

• Like 1

rexman72

march madness gets me everytime

stevasaurus

Well, there were some upsets yesterday (Thursday), but when you look at the brackets the 1's, 2's, 3's and 4 seeds that played all won...so no serious upsets yet...:)  Man, there were a lot of good close games though...the parity is there.  :bow-blue:

shorts

Definately some good games yesterday, I'm just enjoying watching all of these young men enjoy the sport before it reality sets in and it's time to make a living.

stevasaurus

Shorts, being 5' 18" I was wondering if you ever played.  I think you would have been a force to recon with.  Maybe we can get a game of horse at Scott's M&G...since we can never get a camp fire there.   :ychain:   On the lighter side...Duke (a #3 lost to Murser (sp))...that almost makes the tournament for me. :)   March Madness...here we go.  :woohoo:  Nebraska, Iowa and Ohio St. are out...we still have Michigan St., Michigan and Wisconsin... :eusa-think:   I like Michigan St. to win it all...Wisconsin to be a final 4...Michigan is over rated, but I have thought that all year... :ychain:

• Like 2

rexman72

duke goes down today ughhhhh

• Like 1

stevasaurus

OK rexman...what is your story???  Being from Maine and cheering for Duke...inquiring minds want to know.  :)  So...what is the skinny?? :)

squonk

" Duke is Duke"!! 

shorts

I never was good at the "stick and ball" sports, but do enjoy watching the non pro finals for the sportsmanship and claim of accomplishment,  Give me something mechanical to work on or compete with and I usually do OK, or just send me out in mother nature to enjoy and relax. The walleye capital of the world is in my backyard but the good fishing is in Alaska.

• Like 1

rexman72

OK rexman...what is your story???  Being from Maine and cheering for Duke...inquiring minds want to know.  :)  So...what is the skinny?? :)

steve a sucker is born every minute and  I am one of them.I have always liked duke for some weird reason lol.they get me everytime.

• Like 1

HorseFixer

I like Michigan St. to win it all...Wisconsin to be a final 4...Michigan is over rated, but I have thought that all year... :ychain:

:eusa-think:    :text-thankyouyellow:      :text-nocomment:       :eusa-whistle:

stevasaurus

Live by the 3...die by the 3.  :orcs-cheers:

• Like 2

HorseFixer

I would think any team that makes it to the SWEET 16 Deserves to be there. :thumbs:  Overrated Teams Cant get there by being OVER RATED!   :eusa-whistle: 

I said weeks ago If they made it that far I would be happy. I'm HAPPY!    :text-thankyouyellow: 

~Duke :wh: 

rexman72

I feel some upsets coming on today and can we say pepto bismol for my upset brackets/glad I played college football

• Like 1

stevasaurus

OK....Michigan is not overrated... :text-merryxmas::orcs-cheers::music-singing:

Anyway...the Big Ten has 3 teams in the SWEET SIXTEEN... :happy-jumpeveryone:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

rexman72

Kansas is gone

HorseFixer

I am a lineman for the county
And I drive the main road
Searchin' in the sun for another overload

I hear you singin' in the wire
I can hear you through the whine
And the Wichita Basketball Team is now off the line :eusa-whistle:

I know I need a small vacation
But it don't look like rain
And if it snows that stretch
Down South won't ever stand the strain

And I need you more than want you
And I want you for all time

And the Wichita Basketball Team is now off the line :eusa-whistle:

And I need you more than want you
And I want you for all time

And the Wichita Basketball Team is now off the line :eusa-whistle:

~Duke :eusa-whistle:

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 2

Brrly1

If your team is still playing they've got two more games before the Final Four. Theres three Big Ten teams left with Michigan, Michigan State and Wisconsin. One of the teams I've been watching is Iowa State. They play tomorrow evening and they make it thru that game it lines up with Michigan State which undoubtley will be a tough game. I could only imagine all three teams make it to the Final Four.

HorseFixer

Well looks like Wisconsin made the next Round here is where we stand the rest plays today.

~Duke :wh:

Tourney.jpg

• Like 1

HorseFixer

By the way, John pass me the Brownies! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Here is the breakdown...by conference...of the sweet 16...

American Athletic Con. 2 teams

ACC....   1 team

Atlantic 10... 1 team

Big Ten...3 teams

Big 12...2 teams

Big East...no teams  :)

Mountain West...1 team

Pac 12...3 teams

SEC...3 teams...note...the SEC only had 3 teams invited to the Big Dance

• Like 1

rexman72

big east lost UConn so they are a weak conference

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Rexman...you are right...a few years ago, the Big East was a huge, major conference in basketball.  I wish I knew what was going on with all of these conference changes.  The Big Ten will have 14 teams this coming year.  Colorado in the Pac 12???  Nebraska in the Big 10??  The next thing that happens is we will have Appellation St. in the same division as Michigan.  :) 

Watch out for rivalry weekend!!! :bow-blue:

Anyway...some of this tournament is about the conferences...I just thought it would be nice to know and look at it from a different angle. :)

• Like 1