slufoot733

A good days work

slufoot733

Woke up this morning to 5" of new snow with 1/2" of ice on top. After breakfast I fired up the D and hit three driveways. The snow thrower slowly ate through the heavy snow & ice. The chute clogged twice so I had to slow down some. The fourth driveway was a different story. My D has the power but not the traction. The drive is about 100' long and most of it is uphill. Thye D just will not grab, even with chains and wheel weights. So I had to resort to my Deere with the snow plow. At least it will go UP the drive so I can plow DOWN the drive. Once I broke up the snow with the plow and pushed it as far as I could (which wasn't too far) I was able to chew through the piles and throw that stuff where it belongs. Now, all three of my elderly neighbors can get out if necessary, All in all, it was a good day.

• Like 1

rdmanone

Sounds like you had a good time doing your good dead for the day.  Very cool.  

Sparky

You must be the neighborhood favorite!!

Mike..........

thehorse

The snow in central pa was a bear today...so wet and sloppy under that thick sheet of ice. my chute clogged 5-6 times but got 5 driveways cleaned up. My 11 year old passed out flyers this fall to do driveways. He's the clean up shovel man for now since he can't lift the blower. He got a call today because the guy who plows the neighbor did not show up and when he does he takes 2 long swipes and leaves the neighbor 1/2 hr. of snow to shovel. He's learning the value of money and what it takes to make it!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

We had about 2" of ice & snow. It was so hard to break through it and plow it.

When I got through it and down to black-top, my chains would spin on the asphalt, and this stuff was heavy!

No fun at all!

rexman72

that's a job I want to do when retired

Wheel Horse Kid

Always fun when good deads can involve using tractors! ;)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• cbj75
      By cbj75
      I have a 1975 D200 Wheel Horse with front mount dozer blade, package includes Wheel Horse Dump Trailer, 48" belly mower side discharge, Wheel Horse front and rear wheel weights, turning brakes, rear PTO and 3-point to 2" receiver attachment, and Brinley twin disc harrow. Rear luggage/rack carrier, All refurbished, sandblasted and painted Ford red in 2016. Lots of extra Wheel Horse parts included.

Package price $3000.00.

Bryce Johnson
      102 Anglers PT
      Mc Cormick SC 29835
      913-638-6788

IMG_1962.HEIC IMG_1965.HEIC IMG_0279.HEIC

• PWL216
      By PWL216
      Selling a two stage snow thrower in very good condition. Works great. Comes with small box of new in-package parts. Can deliver to Zagray.

• Joe Warren
      By Joe Warren
      New Old Stock Wheel Horse 37” Snow Thrower
      Wheel Horse part # 06-37SX01   1979-86

Used on tractor models:            
      B-81, B-82, B-85, B-111, B-112, B-115, B-116, B-165, B-186
      LT-832, LT-1100, LT-1136, LT-1137, LT-1600, LT-1637. LT-1642,
      SB-371, YT-12-A,
      208-3, 211-3, 211-5, 211-A, 216-5, 

New Old Stock, fresh out of its original shipping carton, $399

Local pick up in Easton MA (I may be able to deliver to southern New England and Tristate area)
      Please private message me if you have any questions.

Thank you,
      Joe

• BobandJamie Raay
      By BobandJamie Raay
      400 Series WheelHorse Garden Tractor w 42" deck in good condition. Has a frame issue under the seat (needs welding) but runs well. 17-horse Kohler engine on tractor.
      Extra rear discharge mulching deck (42"), extra set of blades for mulching deck and side discharge deck,  snow thrower (42" with 20" chute) and trac vac with 5.5 horse Honda engine in good, working condition as well. All 4 hubcaps are included (rear not in tractor picture but see additional pic). Original paperwork, including owner's manual on all. Includes chains for snow traction and weight attachments for each wheel. All have been used at the same property since purchase and have been stored indoors throughout. Thanks for looking! 

• Crazy Old Red Horse
      By Crazy Old Red Horse
      Barn find 1975 D180. 608 original hours. Tractor and 48” belly mower look to be still in their original paint. Rear 60” finish mower looks like it has had one coat of new paint added at some point. Open to trades. Please email me with any questions or for additional photos. 35 miles north of Pittsbugh.