rayshorses

snowblowing with the c-160

I finally got to take a video of the snow blower in action. The snow was 18 inches deep before the rain came and now its 5 inches of rock hard icey stuff. After the first pass , it dug in pretty good.I hope the link works , it took forever to upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaoFbnurLEE

• Like 3

That looked like fun! All I need is a snow blower for mine-oh and some snow. We haven't had much of that around here the past few years.

That really is a cool video.  I have one of the tall chute blowers on my 520xi, but the only view I ever get is from the drivers seat.  It is a much more impressive a view as a spectator.  Thanks for sharing.

Great video, thanks.  That horse is really moving it, like it is chewing it up and spitting it out.

Impressive video!  Snow doesn't look crazy deep, but the blower is slinging the snow a long way!

I have the short chute single stage snow blower.

Anyone know how the long vs the short chute makes a difference in performance?

Very impressive. Reminds me of

Those giant blowers they use at

Airports. Well almost. Lol!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

the long chute is supposed to throw snow farther

I had a short chute and then went to a long chute

the long chute does go farther in my case,

but it was about 5 years old when I got it

the short chute was much older and needed work

so I can't say if it was the relative ages of the equipment or the design

Thanks for all the kind comments. This is the first post i ever started and also the first video i ever did . I couldn't have done it without my sons help..these teenagers are pretty smart when it comes to this computer stuff.I must say , the long chute throws about twice as far as my short chute one. One of these days i want to make a video of the c-160 with long chute . the GT-14 with a short chute and the D-200 with its big blower all in line like at the airport...but i will need to find more operators  :roll:.I have never tried the big blower on a D series . My son is refurbishing  the D-200 in our shop for his senior project so it probably won't be ready for this winter.

• Like 2

Tell your son...we want more.  :banana-gotpics:

Almost makes me want to put a blower on my C-160 Trailer Queen and put Her back to work. :eusa-think:

Good job. Makes me cold just watching. Hot chocolate and toast time.

Marvin