Sign in to follow this  
RMCIII

Freedoms Cry

RMCIII

Where to begin, and how to put this, without coming across like a "scrooge"/ especially since it is just slightly over a day away from Christmas. We celebrate because we are free. But each morning I get up to watch the news, I am gently reminded, so many "Americans" have lost or never had a respect for our freedom.... To all my brother's and sister's in arms..... I hope one day our Nation respects you for all you have done.....

Freedoms Cry

If by chance, you should see me cry

It’s not for those who fought and died

It’s for the one’s, that don’t understand

Freedoms price in this great land

It’s for those with outstretched hands

Greedy hearts from a foreign land

It’s for the ones with a black hole to fill

Unknown to them it’s an empty thrill

It’s for those who never give

Never feeling the power of how to live

It’s for those who have bickered and complained

But never tried to make a change

It’s for the one’s that cannot see

How shallow they are, “not even a pleaseâ€

It’s for all of these and so many more

That mock what our “forces†try to implore

The freedom we have is bought with a price

Blood, sweat, and tears when “forces†unite

So the tears I cry, may one day be dry

In hopes of a Nation that understands WHY?

• Like 7

flyovrcntry

Someone said America will be a great nation until the politicians discover they can buy your vote with your own money.

There are a lot of generous people in this country,I pray folks will see whats slipping away,before it is gone.

The greatest country ever and people in high places are intent on making us just another country.

• Like 2

oaktown1987

Amen not to get religious but I believe this was not per say a Christian nation but this country was founded on Christian values not say the founding fathers were Christians but the country was founded on those beliefs and the farther away we get from the those values the worse shape it will get like Phil Robertson of duck dynasty getting taken off the show temporarily he's Back on now but u don't even have to be a christian u can use the bible as a guide on how to be a good person there taking in god we trust off everything it frustrates me now people are starting to get mocked for being Christian I got no beef with any religion but more people should look to god for answers including me instead of trying to control are own destiny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1