Sign in to follow this  
kpinnc

What is up with the weather?

kpinnc

Sorry, but I see you guys pushing and blowing snow, and it's messing with my head.

A few days ago, I joked about the warm temps here in NC. This week, the average highs have been in the low to mid 80s. Even for us, this is just plain crazy. :P

I've never seen anything like this in the middle of December. We're still dealing with drought conditions, and this stuff is spooky. I fear the mosquitoes will take over next year without a hard freeze to push them back a bit.

Anybody else seen anything like this? Just too weird! :D

Kevin

nylyon

That was here last year, so bad that I needed to mow the lawn in January, and that just doesn't happen, or shouldn't. I've heard of the drout down your parts, and I hope you get some rain and soon. Here, we've got 8" of snow today and a noreaster for the weekend. :D

T-Mo

Kevin,

I don't know if you can take comfort in this or not. But, a couple of weeks ago it hit mid 70's for consecutive days, then the next day it was barely out of the '20's. The past few days we have been hit by freezing rain and sleet. Now we're supposed to get 2 inches of snow in St. Louis, 4-6 inches in my area (about 50 miles south of St. Louis) and in the boot hill of Missouri (about 100 miles south of me) 10-12 inches of the white stuff, all tomorrow night into Saturday.

So be careful for what you wish for. :D

Greg B.

Kevi, I could hit the Florida line with a rifle shot and they're forcasting 27* for Sunday and Monday nights. Today it was 80* and raining sideways. :D

Too weird,

Greg B.

Greg B.

Kevin,

I could hit the Florida line with a rifle shot and they're forcasting 27* for Sunday and Monday nights. Today it was 80* and raining sideways. :D

Too weird,

Greg B.

Rollerman

Greg, Kevin...I could hit the Michigan state line with a rifle shot...except it probably ricohet of a Deere & kill a Wheel Horse.

I've had 4" of snow here in one shot about a week ago & nothin but low 30's & rain since.

Sump pump is really getting a workout!

Whats worse is a buddy 2 1/2 hrs southeast of me is under a snow advisory this weekend in OH!

Weather deffinatly is screwy.

kpinnc

Well, sounds like the crazy weather is everywhere!

Good to know, I guess! :D

Kevin

Mith

it was very warm a few weeks ago, but now its back to normal. Been hovering around 2 degrees all day.

It'll cool down eventually, just seems late this year.

nylyon

I hope you mean Celsius! I might need to be in London soon for work, and 2 degrees Celsius is cold, but it sure beats Farenhight.

Jim_M

They're calling for 10 to 15 inches of snow here tonight and tomorrow with winds up to 40mph. I have the blower on the D-180, the blade on the Power King and the Johnny bucket on the 416-H so I think I'm covered as far as equipment goes, but I'm still not looking forward to it.

Rollerman

Same here Jim, last I heard this morning before my road trip it was supposed to stay at US 30 & south.

Weather got real bad on the way back from Chicago & roads were slick :P

Now the latest weather reports show the 10/15" like you said with drifts in our neighborhood here up north.

Looks like I need to get busy & get the snow blower on the old C160 tonight :D

Mith

Karl, indeed, celcius. Had you worried there I bet :D 2 degrees is during the day though, below freezing at night :P

I was out on the tractor the other night and ice was forming on the steering wheel and on the back of the seat