Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

New wiring Harness

BairleaFarm

Is there a demand for new Wheel Horse wiring harnesses? I am extreamly good at stuff like that and enjoy electrical work. I was thinking about making them and selling them.

jerrell

:banghead: :horseplay: :banana: GREAT IDEAL" Seriously think you would make a lot of people happy, i would like to be your first customer, i have a C-175 with a 17hp kohler twin, and need a harness badly, the connections haave been cut and wired and spliced so many times by the po i can't figure out how they run, it has an hour meter, and amp, meter, the switch is 5 prong and will need the switch and key . i am a pretty good shade tree mechanic but when it comes to the electrical part i get lost, bet there is a lot of people out there that could use your service, i am in the process of restoring a GT 1800 and will need one for that one later, still waithing on the new motor, (20hp Honds) please let me know if you go into business,jerry

BairleaFarm

The only downfall to start this is I would need a good harness to go off of. Otherwise id be guessing on wire lengths and what not.

Duff

The only downfall to start this is I would need a good harness to go off of. Otherwise id be guessing on wire lengths and what not.

David,

For the restoration folks who are working with a harness that's been hacked up or rotted out, could they send you the old harness as a "pattern"? Might give you the lengths and an idea of connectors. :USA:

I'm still a real rookie at this hobby [obsession!], but I know some of the Horses still have wiring diagrams available, and with the old harness for lengths of stuff you might be able to fab up a pretty respectable replacement.

Just MHO!

Duff :banghead:

rocking 416

i need to know the wire connectors to use inside of the plastic..... hmm what do you call them,,,its plastic an the wires go inside of it and clip to the key switch. rectifier. an there breass i can get them out but do not know what to replace them with...

jerrell

i would send you the one off the 175 but it is so chopped uped i know the lengths have been altered and the connections have been wired together and taped.Just a guesstimate from switch to components plus 2 or 3 inches would work , :banghead: like i said i get lost on electrical so don't know. when i replace a wire (which is seldon) i just trace it out using the old route the old wire went and add 3 inches to make sure, :USA::omg: llike i said shade tree mechanic. jerry